PDA

View Full Version : Pic to GSM Phone connection (HSerin problems)

Pages : 1 [2]

Ioannis
- 24th June 2007, 12:29
I don't know the difference between these two.

But,

1. Are you sure that Rx and Tx are connected correctly to the mobile? May be they are reversed?

2. When you tried the mobile with Hyperterminal, did you set the hyperterminal Handshaking to Hardware or to None?

Ioannis

isaac
- 25th June 2007, 17:36
I don't know the difference between these two.

But,

1. Are you sure that Rx and Tx are connected correctly to the mobile? May be they are reversed?

2. When you tried the mobile with Hyperterminal, did you set the hyperterminal Handshaking to Hardware or to None?

Ioannis

I set it to none
i even trid a null modem cable but all in vain
i dont have a scope here at home but i gonna get one 2morrow so i get have a good look

Isaac

Ioannis
- 25th June 2007, 20:46
After all the suggestions, I think wishing to you Good Luck is the last resource!

Ioannis

isaac
- 10th July 2007, 14:49
Ioannis

Just for your info.
The problem was the cable.
I borrowed someones DLR-3P cable and it worked great with my project board.
I noticed that my cable we were having problem with was a DLR-3 cable without the P

Regards
Isaac

Ioannis
- 11th July 2007, 07:06
Oh, doh! What stupid case! I am glad you did it!

Ioannis

pagi
- 24th July 2007, 08:37
I'm planning to make a security system wherein I can connect any mobile phone. I've seen some connection diagrams of mobile phone, where do we connect the hardware USART of the PIC16F877 to the mobile phone, Mbus or Sbus? I have experience in interfacing the PIC to a GSM module, I was here wondering if anybody knows, is there a similarity in the AT commands of a GSM Module and a mobile phone? Does all phones support text mode? On last thing, I would really appreciate is somebody could provide me websites that give me additional help in this regard. Thanks!!!!!

Ioannis
- 24th July 2007, 09:40
Mbus or Sbus?

Depends on the phone.

Not all mobiles support text. Old Ericsson used to support PDU format only. Nokia's do support text. All of the GSM modules I checked support text too.

AT commands are common in these modules to control. I'd prefer a module rather than a phone for control applications. See Telit, Wavecom and others too.

Ioannis

DragonBall_6
- 27th July 2007, 19:55
Hi,

Can I ask where can I buy the data cable DLR-3P ? In any nokia shop? because nowadays a lot of shop only sold the usb one not the serial port...hard to find ya...THANK YOU..

dragonball

CLLUNLU
- 29th July 2007, 17:05
I am trying to send sms with siemens c55 by Pic 16f876.I already know at command.I have sent already sms by hyperterminal.And I tried on pic 16f876 ı failed.I dont know where i mistake.Plz help me.my source codes are below...

my schematic is:

http://images.elektroda.net/15_1185282984.jpg

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#include <16f876.h> // Kullanılacak denetleyicinin başlık dosyası
tanıtılıyor.

#fuses HS,NOWDT,NOPROTECT,NOBROWNOUT,NOLVP,NOPUT,NOWRT,NO DEBUG,NOCPD //
Denetleyici konfigürasyon ayarları

#use delay (clock=20000000) // Gecikme fonksiyonu için kullanılacak
osilatör frekansı belirtiliyor.

#use rs232 (baud=9600, xmit=pin_C6, rcv=pin_C7, parity=N, stop=1) //
RS232 protokolünün 9600 bit/sn baud hızında olacağını ve
//
TX,RX uçlarının hangi pinler olacağını tanımlıyor
//
parity bitinin olmadığını, stop bitinin 1 bit olacağı belirtiliyor

unsigned char mesaj_gonder[] = "AT+CMGS=19";
unsigned char mesaj[] = "0011000C910945447198660000FF05E8329BFD06";

/********* ANA PROGRAM FONKSİYONU********/

void main ( )
{
setup_spi(FALSE); // SPI birimi devre dışı
setup_adc_ports(NO_ANALOGS); // ANALOG giriş yok
setup_adc(ADC_OFF); // ADC birimi devre dışı
setup_ccp1(ccp_off); // CCP1 devre dışı
setup_ccp2(ccp_off); // CCP2 devre dışı

set_tris_c(0x80);

puts(mesaj_gonder); //AT+CMGS=25
putchar(0x0D); // Enter tuşuna basılıyo
delay_ms(3000);
puts(mesaj); //Message in PDU format
putchar(0x1A); //Control-z tuşu
putchar(0x0D); // Enter tuşuna basılıyor
}

Ioannis
- 30th July 2007, 08:01
This is not general purpose forum! We do only Pic Basic and specially MELABS PicBasic language!

Ioannis

isaac
- 31st July 2007, 00:38
I am trying to send sms with siemens c55 by Pic 16f876.I already know at command.I have sent already sms by hyperterminal.And I tried on pic 16f876 ı failed.I dont know where i mistake.Plz help me.my source codes are below...

my schematic is:

http://images.elektroda.net/15_1185282984.jpg

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#include <16f876.h> // Kullanılacak denetleyicinin başlık dosyası
tanıtılıyor.

#fuses HS,NOWDT,NOPROTECT,NOBROWNOUT,NOLVP,NOPUT,NOWRT,NO DEBUG,NOCPD //
Denetleyici konfigürasyon ayarları

#use delay (clock=20000000) // Gecikme fonksiyonu için kullanılacak
osilatör frekansı belirtiliyor.

#use rs232 (baud=9600, xmit=pin_C6, rcv=pin_C7, parity=N, stop=1) //
RS232 protokolünün 9600 bit/sn baud hızında olacağını ve
//
TX,RX uçlarının hangi pinler olacağını tanımlıyor
//
parity bitinin olmadığını, stop bitinin 1 bit olacağı belirtiliyor

unsigned char mesaj_gonder[] = "AT+CMGS=19";
unsigned char mesaj[] = "0011000C910945447198660000FF05E8329BFD06";

/********* ANA PROGRAM FONKSİYONU********/

void main ( )
{
setup_spi(FALSE); // SPI birimi devre dışı
setup_adc_ports(NO_ANALOGS); // ANALOG giriş yok
setup_adc(ADC_OFF); // ADC birimi devre dışı
setup_ccp1(ccp_off); // CCP1 devre dışı
setup_ccp2(ccp_off); // CCP2 devre dışı

set_tris_c(0x80);

puts(mesaj_gonder); //AT+CMGS=25
putchar(0x0D); // Enter tuşuna basılıyo
delay_ms(3000);
puts(mesaj); //Message in PDU format
putchar(0x1A); //Control-z tuşu
putchar(0x0D); // Enter tuşuna basılıyor
}

From your circuit you have got gnd connected to pin 5
also if you can communicate to the phone using hyperterminal
then you need to connect a null modem between your pic and the phone or just swap Tx with Rx

Isaac

kasamiko
- 12th September 2007, 10:25
Hi,

Can I ask where can I buy the data cable DLR-3P ? In any nokia shop? because nowadays a lot of shop only sold the usb one not the serial port...hard to find ya...THANK YOU..

dragonball

Why don't you make it yourself?

DragonBall_6
- 14th September 2007, 12:47
I also think like that but is it very hard?
maybe I want to take a try.
Do you have the schematic or website?

Thank a lot.

Peter

CLLUNLU
- 15th September 2007, 12:50
there are a lot of things

http://pinouts.ru/pin_CellularPhonesCables.shtml

leisryan
- 10th October 2007, 23:59
Hi

Here's my cable i frequently use in my gsm sms-remote control projects hope this helps!!! the dlr3p firmware is a hack version!!!

original ckt!!!
http://www.atrox.at/datacable/dlr3/index.html

DragonBall_6
- 11th October 2007, 19:41
Thank for the reply..Really thank.....

May I know in your circuit which part is to connect my handphone connector such as nokia 6100.
I'm not able to find the serial data cable in the market(malaysia) nowadays to connect my mobile phone. What i can find is the usb connector one not the serial port one.

Can I connect like this??: handphone-->handphone connector-->usb male-->usb female to female converter------>usb-serial adapter then i can connect to my PC.Is that possible and do i need any driver?????

Because as i know, to send data thru usb is very complicated so i need to find a way to send data using serial cable. it is much easy.

Pls advice...

Thank you very much>>>>

leisryan
- 12th October 2007, 00:45
Firstly you need to find out if u'r fone is AT-capable most of valid fones have modem dlr3p cable will only work in 6110 series and 7110 series or compatible phones i believe 6100 is using POP-PORT and if u'r talking about USB connection either HOST or PERIPEHERAL mode you will be needing USB to TTL logic converter like those chips from maxim or FTDI because USB is LVDS "low voltage differential signaling" try to find out more about your phones POP-PORT if it sends out TTL and if it is AT-commands compatible and by the way you need to figure out if your phone is can handle TEXT or is PDU by defualt the formeris easier!!! if it is in PDU mode you wont be able to get a response from your phone you will need to be doing translation in your software!!!

PS.

The 7-pin in the ckt is directly pin to pin to 6110 or 7110 port i used an old headfone very cheap even the fone is cheap roughly 900 pesos or 20US$

Yours Trully Ryan

Ioannis
- 12th October 2007, 10:48
I would strongly recommend to use mobile modules that support native serial communication. Not by USB adaptors.

Try Wavecom, Telit, Ericsson or other similar. They are made for this purpose.

Ioannis

leisryan
- 13th October 2007, 00:05
I strongly agree!!! but if u want to do some recycling and by the cheap approach it's worth trying!!!

kasamiko
- 15th October 2007, 05:58
Hi

Here's my cable i frequently use in my gsm sms-remote control projects hope this helps!!! the dlr3p firmware is a hack version!!!

original ckt!!!

Bro what do you mean "HACK VERSION" of firmware...

What part was hack?

Mabuhay!!

leisryan
- 16th October 2007, 02:28
original dlr3p has a propreitary signal which sets up the 6210 series and alike fone inorder to accept data from their PORT unlike older cables MBUS,FBUS etc!!! you can follow the link i posted recently above!!!

kasamiko
- 17th October 2007, 03:47
So what can we benefit for using the "hack" version? can you inumerate the the differences here?

BR

leisryan
- 18th October 2007, 00:09
I can't bro "tamad ako magsulat" hehehe!!! but the mere fact someone "hacked the cable" instead of buying the expensive one i'm pretty much sure you will find tons of applications!!! RECYCLING is one thing!!!

leisryan
- 18th October 2007, 00:18
EVERYBODY in this Forum AVR-guys are getting so much popular making add-on applications for MEGASQUIRT!!! they even developed this LCDASH dashboard and it's freaken jam-packed!!! i believe if you want PICMICRO to hold its position lets start projects for megasquirt too!!! as a start i created idle servo controller for an old 1992 lancer watch my video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-6QxepXsWg

pagi
- 25th October 2007, 02:14
Can someone help me direct to a website where I can purchase oneline cheap GSM Module? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kasamiko
- 3rd November 2007, 02:26
I can't bro "tamad ako magsulat" hehehe!!! but the mere fact someone "hacked the cable" instead of buying the expensive one i'm pretty much sure you will find tons of applications!!! RECYCLING is one thing!!!

The DLR3P found on this site http://www.atrox.at/datacable/dlr3/index.html is already "HACKED" of the original..and it is working perfectly..thanks to the author..

leisryan
- 4th November 2007, 02:08
Can someone help me direct to a website where I can purchase oneline cheap GSM Module? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here you go bro look for BENQ gsm modules GPRS capable also using standard AT modem commands!!!

http://www.e-gizmo.com/

agnius
- 10th December 2007, 17:24
i have maked : http://ktl.kauko.lt/~av2/projektai/gsm/1.png

pic16f84a and phone siemens c55

test program:

define OSC 10
Rx var PORTA.0
Tx var PORTA.1
Led VAR PORTA.3

speed = 84

start:
high led
pause 2000
serout2 Tx, speed,["ATD+37060000000",13,10] <--- in this step, phone turn off, whay???
pause 10000
low led
end

for this scheme (http://ktl.kauko.lt/~av2/projektai/gsm/1.png) are hex (http://ktl.kauko.lt/~av2/projektai/gsm/softas/1010.rar) and it work fine

leisryan
- 11th December 2007, 00:48
The DLR3P found on this site http://www.atrox.at/datacable/dlr3/index.html is already "HACKED" of the original..and it is working perfectly..thanks to the author..

DUH????? DUH?????

Hi

original ckt!!!

tyrantvivi
- 10th February 2008, 08:31
gud day po mga ffriiends. gusto ko lng po humingi ng tulong about our project.\
title po nun sms controller. anu po bng PIC ang gagamitin? at panu po ba gagawin un? wla po kasi kming idead about dun. pls help po.. salamat... e2 po contact numbver ko po.. 09216625350

tyrantvivi
- 10th February 2008, 08:38
gud day po.. please i need some help about my project. it is sms controller using microcontroller. what kind of pic shud i be using? please giove me some schematics for this project and help me with the code.. please feel free to contact me.. 09216625350 or email me at [email protected]

skimask
- 10th February 2008, 09:01
gud day po.. please i need some help about my project. it is sms controller using microcontroller. what kind of pic shud i be using? please giove me some schematics for this project and help me with the code.. please feel free to contact me.. 09216625350

You aren't asking for much are you? You probably want a completed project, tested, verified, boxed up, and placed in your lap by sometime tomorrow...just in time to finish the semester or maybe a final project.
As if there isn't enough examples of hardware and software in this very thread to work with.
Good idea posting your phone number too....jeeze....
Even better idea to post your email right after your phone number...
Maybe, since you are a student, you haven't taken the class in common sense that teaches a person that it probably isn't a good idea to put personal information 'out there' for all to see.

Ioannis
- 11th February 2008, 12:19
You aren't asking for much are you? You probably want a completed project, tested, verified, boxed up, and placed in your lap by sometime tomorrow...

Yes, me too skimask, can you? And I have a few others too...

Really now tyrantvivi. I supose this is the largest thread on the matter. So even if you cannot fully understand the exposed ideas and suggestions, try a second reading. It is all there for you to test. Just sit at your workbench and experiment.

There is nothing more to add after 281 posts!

Ioannis

skimask
- 12th February 2008, 04:36
Yes, me too skimask, can you? And I have a few others too...
Ioannis

I'll hook you up with the good stuff! Might be awhile before I show up on your doorstep though! :D I have to wait for the Atlantic to freeze over so I can drive...I hate ships...

Ioannis
- 12th February 2008, 12:54
I'll hook you up with the good stuff! Might be awhile before I show up on your doorstep though! :D I have to wait for the Atlantic to freeze over so I can drive...I hate ships...

After the "LOST" I suppose planes too? OK I 'll wait you with beers!

Ioannis

skimask
- 13th February 2008, 02:38
After the "LOST" I suppose planes too? OK I 'll wait you with beers!

Ioannis

Haven't seen LOST, but I got a private pilot license, so planes aren't so bad...
Funny thing...I can go flying around in the smallest of aircraft at 9500 feet, look out the window down at the 'ants' on the ground, no problem...Go to the Hoover Dam and look over the edge, or to the Paris in Las Vegas, or anything more than 20ft up, and my knees start wobbling...
Oh....sorry....the project isn't done yet! :D

datou
- 6th March 2008, 15:17
pic to smaung e350
how to connect
any1 has a diagram for it

thanks in advance

datou
- 6th March 2008, 15:20
i tried to use hyperterminal
all works fine until i press control-z to send the message
eg