PDA

View Full Version : Problems getting started

damiko
- 4th July 2005, 15:56
I have just purchased Picbasic Pro compiler. Previous to this I was using Picbasic Pro DEMO. The demo worked fine and programmed my pic16f88 no problem.

I then uninstall the demo and install my new Picbasic Pro version 2.46. I notice that when I start Microcode studio it opens with the .bas files I was editing when I was using the demo version. Also, I cannot find the pic16f88 under the list of processors.

If I goto options and set the compiler manually to the \pbp folder that installs with the software I bought, then I can find the pic16f88 in the list, but when I go to compile, errors on every line, it doesn't recognise the basic language I've been always accustomed to.

What am I supposed to set the assembler options to? It always automatically ends up finding some folder in My documents somewhere..

Am I just a couple of steps away from having it fully set up? I'm sure there's only some small details that I'm missing to get going...

thanks for your time,

Damiko

mister_e
- 4th July 2005, 16:35
That's weird!
Did you tried an MicroCode update?

PIC16F88 is on the list but probably not at the right place. Try scrolling the whole list. If nothing work, would you mind to post your code here? you can also send the .bas in attachement. That way we can try and see if there's any problem.

ooh, did you also remove the demo version??

damiko
- 10th July 2005, 15:53
under pic basic options assembler, i unchecked the box Mocrochip MPASM,
under pic basic options compiler I chose c:\pbp.
Now it works!