PDA

View Full Version : PIC18F27J13 Peripheral Pin Select (PPS)

Aussie Barry
- 26th April 2015, 16:06
Hi All,

I am experimenting with the PIC18F27J13 and I am having difficulties using the peripheral pin select (PPS) options.
I am trying to set a PWM output function to re-mappable pin RP2 (RA5 - Pin 7)
I am working from datasheet DS3997A ( http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39974A.pdf) which is listed as a "Preliminary" datasheet but I can find no others on the Microchip website.

"Section 18.0" states that the device has "seven CCP (Capture/Compare/PWM) modules designated CCP4 through CCP10."

"Table 10-14: SELECTABLE OUTPUT SOURCES" shows CCP1/P1A (ECCP1 Compare or PWM Output Channel A) is output function 14

My confusion lies in the mis-match between the CCP4 and CCP1 statements listed in the above references.
Can anyone shed some light on how to re-map output function 14 to re-mappable pin 2 (RP2)?

Cheers
Barry
VK2XBP

Aussie Barry
- 28th April 2015, 12:51
Hi All,

I am pleased to announce that I have resolved my issues with peripheral pin select (PPS) and CCP channel assignment.
Should anyone ever be in a similar situation, the reallocation of PWM pins via the PPS configuration is done using the ECCP registers and not the CCP registers as I had originally thought.
I will post some working code in the near future for completeness.

Cheers
Barry
VK2XBP