PDA

View Full Version : microcode studio plus default template

queenidog
- 23rd April 2015, 15:08
I love MCS+ to death! I use it with mostly with my MikroElektronica EasyPic V7 board but sometimes with the MELabs LabX1.

I find the "New" program header template somewhat wanting and would like to substitute my own instead. Is there a way to access the current one and edit it? Yes, I know I can add my name to the existing one using the editor options but I want more control.

I'd like to hit "new" and have my template which is more substantial, pop up.

Thanks.

Demon
- 24th April 2015, 01:36
VIEW, EDITOR OPTIONS, PROGRAM HEADER.

Edit at will.

Robert

EDIT: Hmm, ok I see what you mean. I was sure that you could edit that box. I can't find that in any of the INI files either.

The HELP section seems to indicate that you can override the Author and Copyright, and that's it.

I just copy&paste an existing program. That way I also have the complete program structure at hand (I like comments and order - I'm a mainframe computer dinosaur :D )

queenidog
- 25th April 2015, 18:45
I do the cut and paste as well. In fact, I created a template with all my nice structure in it but whenever I want to create a program do you think I can find it? Then I have to go searching through my folders for the template or a sample. I have too many files...

Clicking "new" and having an editable template pop up is soooooooooo much more convenient. There's gotta be a way, maybe not for us (since MCS+ is an executable), but for Mecanique. How hard would it be for them to put the template outside of the main program?

Demon
- 25th April 2015, 19:11
It should be a breeze. Reading a INI file is simple for PC programmers. I don't understand why Mecanique didn't do this in the first place.

Maybe suggest it to them for a future update.

Robert