PDA

View Full Version : PID Loop

nemo
- 29th June 2005, 21:27
Hello,

I have a project which makes of measurement a force and operates a brake according to an consigne. I want to employ a loop of PID for make a regulation.
Do you have some infomations on PID in micro PIC? There is a function PID in PROTON+?

Thank you...

sougata
- 30th June 2005, 09:25
Microchip has got a few appnotes on their sites regarding motor control. However the source codes are in asm or C. Nevertheless it may help you in system analysis and design. If you could give exacting requirement then I can also spend some time on it. PID is bothering me too. I design industrial battery chargers and DC thyristor control. Employing a PID control there would improve the transient response of the system

Acetronics2
- 1st July 2005, 07:30
Hi,

There's an application on the Parallax site ... in Picbasic !!!

Works well ...

Alain

Dwayne
- 1st July 2005, 15:39
Hello Alain,

WE should get the author to post the code here, if it is not here yet...

Dwayne

nemo
- 1st July 2005, 18:02
Thanks for your help Sougata!!!

I already worked my project and carried out loop PID with API (mitsubishi). Now, I will want to optimize the project and to improve this loop of regulation PID by using a PIC. I will like that my regulation is fast....My brake have a little response time (few ms).
I think my project is easy: I make a measure and i compare it with a consign. According to the difference of consign and measure, i vary an output (0/5V) for command the brake.
Now, i work on the PID!!! If you want i have find some information PID on the forum www.picbasic.org

best regards

Microchip has got a few appnotes on their sites regarding motor control. However the source codes are in asm or C. Nevertheless it may help you in system analysis and design. If you could give exacting requirement then I can also spend some time on it. PID is bothering me too. I design industrial battery chargers and DC thyristor control. Employing a PID control there would improve the transient response of the system