PDA

View Full Version : Please share with me your experience in building Data-Logger

ebramloder
- 18th December 2014, 07:55
I want to build a data-logger that records temperature and pressure every second for 20 hours. My circuit must work in a range of 20-130 'C and 0 - 9000 PSI ! And it must be inside a cylindrical chamber with a diameter of 25mm and a length of 45cm.
This circuit goes deep into the Earth to a depth of 500 meters, through an oil tube. so I must put batteries in the chamber.

What are the points that I must consider? (Everything! Such as regulators for PIC, Type of batteries, Type of Memories? SD Flash?EEPROM? ... , Protecting the circuit of electromagnetic noises, ans so on)
Which PIC is the best for this purpose? PIC16? PIC18? Which model?
I must bought Extended Elements or I can use thermal insulation and use the same Industrial elements?
Which PIC compiler is the best for Starting PIC with this project?
What kind of sensors do you offer? Analog? Digital? and which one? (Name)
Am I need a special PCB or it can be like other normal PCBs?
Should I consider to design a reset circuit for Brown Out pin? If so, Why? and How?
I don't want you to answer all the questions. Please answer whatever you want (of above questions.) If the question is very terrible for this site, leave a comment,and I will remove it after 1 week :) I appreciate any any similar experience in building this kind of circuit.I am really a brand of new in PIC. So, please help me to build this circuit.