PDA

View Full Version : Nokia LCD - datasheet

Scampy
- 5th December 2014, 13:22
Hi,

been searching the net for hours trying to find info on the LCD used in a Nokia Lumia 520.

Whilst it's possible to find the basic specs such as resolution, ppi etc, I can't find any details on the 24pin connection used to connect the screen to the mainboard. Just really looking at the feasibility of using a spare screen in a PIC project to display info only

If anyone works in the mobile industry and can offer some info or advice (or even the datasheet) it would be helpfull

Gusse
- 5th December 2014, 14:41
Use Google search and there you have it.
Lumia 520 schematics (https://www.google.fi/search?q=Lumia+520+schematics)

Display is using MIPI DSI (http://mipi.org/specifications/display-interface) interface, so PIC's are not suitable for driving the display alone.
In addition, you will need a SW user manual for that... Better to look another, easier, display module ;)

Scampy
- 6th December 2014, 12:39
Thanks for the advice

Archangel
- 6th December 2014, 20:42
LMAO : Frustrating and Relieving at the same time, someone tells you to do , exactly what you did to no avail, but words the search a bit differently and viola there is what you were looking for. So it does not only happen to me. :D
Thanks to you both !

Scampy
- 7th December 2014, 00:46
Yup, you're not the only one.

I tried things like "Nokia lumina 520 LCD spec", "Lumia 520 PCB schematic" etc, - No luck at all.

What would we do without forums such as this eh !

Thanks guys

Demon
- 7th December 2014, 04:27
Could be worse.

I googled Buick Rendezvous 2002 problems, did not find a single relative hit, bought the truck.

Aaaaaaand then the problems began. Googled the same thing and it went on for pages...

GAAAAAAAAAA!

Edit: replacing the spark plugs Monday, have to undo front engine mounts to tilt it for access.

Replaced the universal joints, $25 each on older cars, these are press fit into the driveshaft. Need a machinist to replace them, then he has to balance driveshaft.

Replaced thermostat, usually under 30 minutes total, but no, have to undo a ton of crap and it's at the rear. Back bolt is just unreal.

The list just goes on.

Archangel
- 7th December 2014, 06:03
Could have been worse, you could have bought a ford with 5.8 L. It costs $800 to buy the tool to remove a broken spark plug and about an hour each to do it. you have to glue a stud into the broken insulator, pull that, tap the broken shell and use the puller tool to remove that. Check YouTube there is video.

Demon
- 7th December 2014, 16:33
Brother-in-law has one, terrible designers.

Robert