PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Bootloader for 18F2620 ?

atillotson
- 24th June 2005, 00:00
Just purchase PBP and MCS-Plus W/ the promise of bootloader software.
I have searched for these Infamous Hex files only to find a dozon or so, But there are many missing from the Product specifications. I Have spent the last week trying to simply get a password from Mechanique thinking that I would find them in the online update, but of the 6 emails i sent to them they only responded to one. and again that was my password that didnt even work the first day that i tried it. What to do they dont seem to monitor or respond to my e-mails.

Any Thoughts?

Ash

Bruce
- 24th June 2005, 00:53
Mine are located in C:\Program Files\Mecanique\MCSP\MCLoader\18F2620

If you have the free version of MCS installed too, make sure you're looking
in the MCSP directory for loader files.

David Barker
- 24th June 2005, 01:04
> Just purchase PBP and MCS-Plus W/ the promise of bootloader
> software. I have searched for these Infamous Hex files only to
> find a dozon or so, But there are many missing from the Product
> specifications. I Have spent the last week trying to simply get a
> password from Mechanique thinking that I would find them in
> the online update, but of the 6 emails i sent to them they only
> responded to one. and again that was my password that didnt
> even work the first day that i tried it. What to do they dont seem
> to monitor or respond to my e-mails.

The first email Mecanique received from you was on the 20th. We issued you with an online update on the 22nd. The issuing of passwords is a manual process and can take a little time. Forty eight hours does not seem unreasonable, considering you will receive approximately 160 loader firmware files for no extra charge. If you only have a dozen or so, there may be a problem with your installation as Mecanique supply nearly 60 firmware files as standard.

You will find the new loader firmware installed under 'MCLoader\LoaderHEX' after running the latest online update. If you don't have the files you require, please email me directly. If our server is busy, online updates may be unavailable.

However, I can now see from our server records that you have sucessfully accessed online updates and hope you now have the files you require.