PDA

View Full Version : Found label after column 1 : Unsucessful Installation ?

truffaldino
- 26th October 2014, 01:24
Hello,

I have installed the student version of picbasic 3 compiler and Microcode Studio and tried to recompile the code that has been perfectly working in the past.

The compiler in Microcode Studio always shows the error: "Found label after column 1". etc

When I remove PICs configuration line from the code it compiles the program without problems.

The code contains no errors. So, this must be a problem of installation or/and compatibility with MASM.

I have taken a look to several forums and tried to fix the program by reinstalling MPLAB etc without sucess.

I will be grateful if someone could give info how to fix this installation.

The chip is PIC16F88, the sytem is 64 bit windows 7.

Thank you in advance

Archangel
- 26th October 2014, 02:23
Seen that many a time . .. usually an error in the Config or other assembly code, caused by lack of white space between @ and __config

truffaldino
- 26th October 2014, 03:56
There is no problem with the code. It has been working perfectly with previous versions of sofware 7 years ago (2.5 or something like that). I tried it with and without spaces: the result is the same.

Now I have reinstalled MCS and have bigger problems: I have to point to proper folder for PBC compiator every time, 16F88 has dissapeared from dropdown menu and only 16F628 left etc.

Archangel
- 26th October 2014, 05:21
There is no problem with the code..

Perhaps. But study the 2 pictures I have posted, only difference is a whitespace74817482

truffaldino
- 26th October 2014, 06:32
Thanks a lot Archangel!

It is not the installation problem indeed: picbasic has changed since I have used it for the last time. In the newest version we have to use the following type of config for 16f88!

#CONFIG

__CONFIG _CONFIG1, _CP_OFF & _CCP1_RB0 & _DEBUG_OFF & _WRT_PROTECT_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLR_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF & _INTRC_IO
__CONFIG _CONFIG2, _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF

#ENDCONFIG

Archangel
- 26th October 2014, 19:25
Yea the configs I showed were for earlier versions, I missed the PBP3 in your post. The whitespace problem upsets ver 3 too, it's not a PBP issue, as pbp compiles fine but mpasm gets a little upset by it, as the config statements are really strictly Assembly code.