PDA

View Full Version : How to setup pbp3 with MPLABX?

thasatelliteguy
- 30th April 2014, 03:16
Could someone please point me in the right direction to some ACCURATE instructions on how to get the PBP3 compiler to be seen in MPLABX? I have googled for hours, and everything I find is 8.x, and none of it seems to remotely apply to X....

Ioannis
- 2nd May 2014, 11:11
See this: http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18520

Ioannis

Cyberdove
- 20th October 2017, 15:32
Good luck getting any sort of help. MElabs and Mecanique seem to be too busy with other projects to support their legacy products. I recently purchased PBP Pro 3.0 and MCSP full version and am disappointed to find that MCSP particularly provides ZERO support.

mpgmike
- 20th October 2017, 18:04
Cyberdove, what are you doing to request assistance? I usually get prompt replies from emails, and Charles (at ME Labs) has shown generosity with his time on the phone. I have never attempted to utilize tech support from MCSP.

Acetronics2
- 21st October 2017, 17:04
Good luck getting any sort of help. MElabs and Mecanique seem to be too busy with other projects to support their legacy products. I recently purchased PBP Pro 3.0 and MCSP full version and am disappointed to find that MCSP particularly provides ZERO support.

the question could be ...

What's your problem ? Both are quite straightforward.

moreover MCPSX gives you a straight link to the Melabs Forum ( Where Charles Leo himself can help you ... ) ... so you just have to hit your HELP tab !!!

Alain

mpgmike
- 21st October 2017, 20:04
I'm getting hung up:

"3) Mark PBP Tool Chain and PicBasic Language Syntax"

PicBasic Language Syntax is not showing up as one of the options. Did find the PBP Tool Chain option.

tumbleweed
- 22nd October 2017, 02:40
Those instructions are from a much older version of MPLABX. The Language Syntax plugin is no longer available.

A number of features no longer work the same way (if they work at all). Last time I tried it source level debugging was just about useless.

richard
- 22nd October 2017, 05:09
Last time I tried it source level debugging was just about useless.

I agree , i'm heading back to mikro C for new projects . their latest update enables source level debugging for some of the newer chips ,finally!

mpgmike
- 22nd October 2017, 17:10
So if I understand correctly, there is absolutely no advantage (debugging) to going through a massive ordeal to attempt to get PBP3 to work in the new MPLABX over the MicroStudio?!?

Ioannis
- 23rd October 2017, 20:49
Hmm, source level debugging seems a distant dream for PBP.

But to be fair, the language syntax of PBP is much more straight forward than C so it is easier to debug and correct errors.

Still, debugging is on top of my wish list.

Ioannis

richard
- 24th October 2017, 06:07
But to be fair, the language syntax of PBP is much more straight forward than C

not if you include usercommands and asm code blocks .
and that's the only thing that keeps pbp3 viable for me

Cyberdove
- 24th October 2017, 13:42
Cyberdove, what are you doing to request assistance? I usually get prompt replies from emails, and Charles (at ME Labs) has shown generosity with his time on the phone. I have never attempted to utilize tech support from MCSP.

I used MCSP years ago and got prompt support directly from them. Now - nothing.

richard
- 19th November 2017, 05:44
I agree , i'm heading back to mikro C for new projects . their latest update enables source level debugging for some of the newer chips ,finally!

wrong [again] its almost if nobody wants anyone to be able to use 8 bit pic chips any longer .

the chips can be now compiled for and programmed but that's it , no icd support.

pic16f1619 is a no go for icd:frown:

tumbleweed
- 19th November 2017, 12:18
It's not entirely clear, but you might need the AC244066 Emulation Extension Pak to debug the 16F1619.

Ioannis
- 19th November 2017, 17:20
Only if you got MPLAB REAL ICE...

Ioannis

tumbleweed
- 20th November 2017, 12:07
Looking at it again I think you're right. I was looking in the datasheet and didn't see anything about debug support.

According to mplabx 4 the 16F1619 should be supported by PK3 and ICD3.

Ioannis
- 20th November 2017, 12:46
Which MPLABX in turn does not support PBP3...

Back to square 1.

Ioannis