PDA

View Full Version : PIC32 developer

Tobias
- 5th November 2013, 03:39
I am kind of in a bind. I have a board that has three UART TX/RX channels. Ideally I would like to be able to use interrupts and hardware UARTS on all input/outputs. I can only find PIC chips with two hardware input/outputs that PIC BASIC PRO Supports so I need to go the PIC32 route I think. I have the code handled for a PIC18 series. I need someone that can make up code utilizing hardware UARTs on a PIC 32. Basically convert my code and add a couple of interrupts. I am traveling alot this next couple of weeks, if you are interested and capable, please email me at [email protected]. I am not sure of the protocol on this forum for soliciting paid work, so I hope I am not stepping on anyones toes. I just don't have the time right now to learn the PIC32 and the other outfit offering BASIC on a PIC32 platform.

HenrikOlsson
- 5th November 2013, 06:16
Hi,
I was going to say that the ARE 18F parts with 4 USARTS available (18F67J94 for example) but, as you obviously already HAVE done, I checked the device support list and PBP does not support them....
An alternative approach might be to use an external UART chip, interfaced to the PIC thru the MSSP module. Just a quick Google search turned up the MAX3107 as an example but there will be others I'm sure.

/Henrik.

Tobias
- 5th November 2013, 17:03
Thanks for the suggestion