PDA

View Full Version : Bad Search Engine problems?

wdmagic
- 28th October 2013, 06:38
Im trying to find some of my posts from several months ago, however i can only pull up the last 36 posts? The forum shows 250+ pages of threads, but when I do an advanced search it only shows a few items for search criteria, or if I just use my account listing or search my name it just shows 36 items (1.5 pages) yet I have posted many many more threads, not to mention posting on other threads. is the search not working, I lost some code that I know I posted however I need to see my threads to find it.
Any ideas?

Darrel Taylor
- 28th October 2013, 14:45
At the top right of the page, click on "Settings"
Then click "View all Subscribed Threads".

Or, try this ... wdmagic (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Apicbasic.co.uk+wdmagic)

wdmagic
- 28th October 2013, 16:22
thanks darrel, already tried that, its only showing 33 threads.
if I go to my name and click find latest posts, I only get the last 100. If I do - find latest started threads - it only shows 37. So I am going to assume that the code Im looking for is in the posts that I have replyed to, that are older than the last 100 posts. since my post count is 233, there are 133 I cant see. is there a way to bring up a list of every post, or every thread I've posted in? prefer 1st option.

Darrel Taylor
- 28th October 2013, 16:47
When I go to "Settings >View all Subscribed Threads" I get 50 pages that show every thread I've posted in all the way back to 2003.
It shows 1937 threads, many of them having more than 1 post in them.
With 4803 posts, that's an average of ~2.5 posts per thread.

It seems that you tend to have 10-12 posts in any given thread, so only showing 33 threads with a post count of 227 doesn't seem unreasonable.
Are you sure one of those 33 isn't what you're looking for?

The limit of 100 results from the advanced search is a setting on the forum that only Lester can change.

The Google link I posted may also be useful, if you refine the search by adding keywords ... it should come up with what you're looking for.

mark_s
- 28th October 2013, 19:15
Some post were lost in September.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18357

wdmagic
- 29th October 2013, 04:25
yea I looked as best I could but couldnt find the code I had posted, it was after i had just started within say the first 3 months. I was trying to simulate a PWM on a 12F675. I did get it to work fine with some basic code, I could set it at very low freq's. I had it set to run from 4 to 80 htz. later I wrote an elaborate code where you could set the frequency you wanted, bandwidth, and some other options. That one is still there, however its being a pain about reversing it back to its basic heritage of code. I even tried going back to writing it from scratch but am having some issues. My mistake was deleting old pbp files that I thought I no longer needed. When I learned about the 12F683 with built in PWM that could run high freq's I switched to that and deleted my files, since I remember posting them, I figured I could always get them back. The things we do...
I even looked on my data backups on my server and I did a backup after I had deleted them, I do have the hex files, asm, and a couple of others. but I cant do anything with those to see the PBP code.
I will just have to post my code I have in the PBP forum and the problems I am having and see if someone can help.

Darrel Taylor
- 29th October 2013, 06:01
Do you still have the .LST file?

wdmagic
- 29th October 2013, 08:57
yes i still have it

Darrel Taylor
- 29th October 2013, 15:08
Send it to me at [email protected]
Depending on the options passed to the assembler, it may be possible to recover the original PBP source code.

wdmagic
- 30th October 2013, 18:23
that worked darrel, thanks, it missed only 1 line of code but that was a good recovery, thanks. not sure where my other posts went and not going to worry about it. my lesson learned is dont count on forums to backup your code :)