PDA

View Full Version : READCODE pics supported

synsyn
- 10th June 2013, 20:02
Hello someone have a list of pics that support the istruction READCODE/WRITECODE ?
I can't find it :-(

Demon
- 10th June 2013, 20:47
I can't help you with a list, but what problem are you having?

There's a list of related threads at the bottom of the page. The Search feature also works.

Robert

synsyn
- 10th June 2013, 21:23
Hi Demon,
The problem is very easy;
If i use a simple readcode istruction on my progam, like this for example.
ReadCODE $100,WChar

I get a lot of errors message from assembler like this:
[ASM ERROR] Symbol not previously defined (EEADRH)

This if I use 16f628 o 16f676 but if i use(for example) 16f677/8 all work fine.
So i suspect the previous chips aren't supported.
But a lot of months ago i am sure to have used READCODE istruction with a 16f628A(i have still the breadboard with it plugged on and all work) without any problems.
So sound very strange to me and maybe it depend from PBP compiler, because that time i used a 2.50a versione and now pbp 3.0.

Darrel Taylor
- 10th June 2013, 21:42
It's not that older chips aren't supported, or that the compiler version makes a difference.

The 16f628, 16F628A, 16F676 and many others simply don't have the ability to read/write to their own flash memory.

It's the chips that can't do it, not the compiler.

synsyn
- 10th June 2013, 21:52
Hi Darrel,
Thanks for your answer.
I have used in my program your examples and routines, but i can't undertand why it don't work for me.
So i need to migrate my project on another pic!
Evidently in the past i don't have use the 16f628 but some other one and i have change it for some issue the i can't remember.
Thanks again for your explanation and for your very good examples scattered for all the forums that help us to live and make code in more easy and strong way! ;-)