PDA

View Full Version : MPASM intead PM, how to change ?

synsyn
- 9th June 2013, 18:04
Hello,

I need to put assembly istructions inside my program like;
ASM
CharTable
DW 00AAh, 00AAh ; etc.
endasm

So i know i can't use PM assembler because it don't support this assembly instructions. Instead it i use MPASM and it work fine for me.
The only problem is how i can tell to picbasic compiler(i use a older dos version 2.60) to use MPASM instead PM ?
If i try to set ther parameter "PBP.EXE -ampasmwin" mpasmwin don't work i the only thing i get back is a lot of errors.
But if put a ";" in front a "PM_USED EQU 0" in my "source.asm" and try to assemble it with mpasmwin all work fine and i get a .Hex working file.
So can you help me, how i can tell to PBP to don't put inside my .asm file that line(PM_USED EQU 0) ???
Thanks for your time.

synsyn
- 9th June 2013, 22:46
So i have upgrade my PBP to 3, and now all work fine.
But if i try to pass this directive in assembly for allocate data in my pbp source:
#CONFIG
CharTable
db aa,aa ; etc.
#ENDCONFIG

The assembler answer me:
Error[113] C:\PROGRAMMI\MECANIQUE\MCSX\SOURCES\GLCDF-CHAR.ASM 30 : Symbol not previously defined (aa)
Error[113] C:\PROGRAMMI\MECANIQUE\MCSX\SOURCES\GLCDF-CHAR.ASM 30 : Symbol not previously defined (aa)
Error[118] C:\PROGRAMMI\PBP3\PBPPIC14.LIB 1152 : Overwriting previous address contents (0000)
Error[118] C:\PROGRAMMI\PBP3\PBPPIC14.LIB 1152 : Overwriting previous address contents (0000)

So please where i mistake ?

PS:
The funny thing is that in past(last summer) i have use it and all work!

Demon
- 10th June 2013, 03:20
Read your manual about #CONFIG in section 4.9.

ASM/ENDASM might be what you want.

Robert

synsyn
- 10th June 2013, 20:11
Hi Demon,
Thanks for you reply.
Yes i have noted my errors soon and i have change it(asm/endasm instead config/endconfig) before you answer to me.
Now all work good but i have spotted the problem in "readcode" istruction on pic 16f628A that seem don't work with it.
View my new question, maybe you can help me for this
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=18125: