PDA

View Full Version : Help with btc Player re-creation from Darrel Taylor

Pimentel
- 31st May 2013, 22:20
:o
Hello Darrel Taylor,
I apreciate very much your article "btc Player re-creation". I created my hardware using a 18F452 and worded fine now! However I would like to know about your btc_converter used to generate the .asm files (soungs and number from your examples). Can you to post the converter used and to explain about the process to create the files? The format exported by Btc3.exe from Roman Black is diferent and don't work into TestRBsound.pbp. I would like to increase my sound library with more, like point, degrees, celsius,km/h, meters, hours, minutes, seconds,latitude, longitude,sine,cosine...because it is a very very good tool to projects with soungs, clock, gps...
Please Darrel, help all to improve our library! How can I help you? Are you interested?

Art
- 3rd June 2013, 17:13
Hi, I got your email about this, but might as well answer it here.
The talking thing I've used in all my projects is RB's algo, and and asm program to run the chip.
Basically, it's like a talkbot brain, but before they existed. Mine connects to a pic with a 5 bit parallel interface,
and has a signal line output to indicate it's playing in case you need to know when the current sample has finished.

These days I'd just go for the talkbot brain, and it's software, since I do believe it's open source,
should be easier to load samples, and you should be able produce your own hardware.

Pimentel
- 4th June 2013, 01:15
Thanks Art,

Walter Dunkel (scalerobotics) also help me with btc. He writed an example using numbers, and I want to do a talking clock with it. The firts tests was a sucess! Now I know to create my sounds!
Thank you again

Art
- 5th June 2013, 02:13
Cool, pretty much what I did.
You might want a pin set high from the pic that is making the sound
while it is playing, so the other chip knows exactly when to send the code for the next sample,
rather than waiting a certain amount of time before sending the next sound code,
especially if you are assembling a bunch of numbers to recreate speech.

(that is if you are using a separate chip for playing the sound).