PDA

View Full Version : Low Power on 16F1827 or 12F675

Ioannis
- 27th May 2013, 12:02
The attached test code does mostly sleep and wakes for a little when PortB.0 is left floating (it has Pull up enabled). Then goes back to sleep again.

During Sleep, I expected a current of 20 uA but got about 100. I noted that the 20uA is measured when the PortB.0 is left floating and 100 when grounded (possibly from the pull up device of the PICŪ).

Since I need a positive edge interrupt, is it possible to lower the current during sleep?

Ioannis

Ioannis
- 28th May 2013, 09:57
For anyone concerned regarding lowering the consumption during SLEEP.

Indeed the internal Pull-ups have probably a low value. In fact I think they are Mosfets, but anyway.

I have disabled the internal Option_Reg.7 and /WPUB. Now when SLEEP current is with a 100K about 55uA and with 1M about 25uA at 3.3 Volts.

Please note that the Low Power WDT is enabled and everything else is OFF. So he measured current is on the high side of what the optimistic specs state.

But then the sheet says to use the maximum value (I suppose 85 or 125 degrees), so I am in!

Ioannis

Ioannis
- 30th May 2013, 07:17
And here are the results using the smaller 12F675 chip. When put at SLEEP, no current can be measured with my Fluke 179 on a 10K resistor.

Wow, that is fantastic!

Ioannis