PDA

View Full Version : 16F1825 CONFIG1 AND CONFIG 2 questions

longpole001
- 17th May 2013, 05:09
Hi guys ,
I was working on a problem that required that i review my config1 and config 2 word settings for this chip and could not see what the setting would be using PBP3 for the following options ,

if someone can advise / confirm on the ones with a ??? next to them

Cheers

Sheldon

Config1 word
------------
' bit 10-9 BOREN<1:0>: Brown-out Reset Enable bits(1)
'--------------------------------------------------
' _BOREN_ON = 11 = BOR enabled
' _BOREN_?? = 10 = BOR enabled during operation and disabled in Sleep
' _BOREN_SBOREN ??= 01 = BOR controlled by SBOREN bit of the BORCON register
' _BOREN_OFF = 00 = BOR disabled

' bit 4-3 WDTE<1:0>: Watchdog Timer Enable bit
'---------------------------------------------
' _WDTE_ON = 11 = WDT enabled
' _WDTE_??? = 10 = WDT enabled while running and disabled in Sleep
' _WDTE_SWDTEN ?? = 01 = WDT controlled by the SWDTEN bit in the WDTCON register
' _WDTE_OFF = 00 = WDT disabled

CONFIG 2 WORD
===============

' bit 12 DEBUG: In-Circuit Debugger Mode bit(2) *** See Notes ***
' ---------------------------------------------
'1 = In-Circuit Debugger disabled, ICSPCLK and ICSPDAT are general purpose I/O pins
'0 = In-Circuit Debugger enabled, ICSPCLK and ICSPDAT are dedicated to the debugger

No setting required default is 1 ?????

'bit 1-0 WRT<1:0>: Flash Memory Self-Write Protection bits
'---------------------------------------------------------
' _WRT_OFF = 11 = Write protection off
' _WRT_?? = 10 = 000h to 1FFh write-protected, 200h to FFFh may be modified by EECON control
' _WRT_?? = 01 = 000h to 7FFh write-protected, 800h to FFFh may be modified by EECON control
' _WRT_ON = 00 = 000h to FFFh write-protected, no addresses may be

Dave
- 17th May 2013, 12:10
If you intend on using In circuit debug then by all means clear this bit. It means that you can not use the pins dedicated for in circuit flashing of the part as I/O during the debug session. How ever if you are NOT intending on using the in circuit debug feature then set this bit and use the in circuit flashing pins as I/O for hardware control.

longpole001
- 17th May 2013, 15:20
by chance u know about the other ones with question marks ???

Dave
- 18th May 2013, 23:05
Sheldon, I must have selective vision... I only saw the line: No setting required default is 1 ?????

All of these questions can be found in the data sheet for the processor you are using. I onlyhave a few minutes each day that I devote to the forum and if I have to explain the use of each register and all of the options it would take me an 1/2 hour.... Sorry.... Like I said, all of your questions can be answered in the data sheet....

longpole001
- 18th May 2013, 23:55
Hi Dave,
i know this chip well now and i can read the data sheet,

Config word naming conventions for each option on each chip are a PBP based , not chip datasheet one , although they relate to each option on the chip

I have yet to find the reference in the manual for each option PBP assigns per option. but if you know of such , please show a link if possible
Debug of bit value of 1 is noted in the data sheet .

The real focus of the question was to find the correct PBP naming of the options listed for the 4 i cannot find for PBP3.

Regards

Sheldon

#CONFIG
;----- CONFIG1 Options --------------------------------------------------
__config _CONFIG1, _FOSC_INTOSC & _WDTE_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _MCLRE_OFF & _CP_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _BOREN_ON & _CLKOUTEN_OFF & _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF

;----- CONFIG2 Options --------------------------------------------------
__config _CONFIG2, _LVP_OFF & _BORV_HI & _STVREN_ON & _PLLEN_ON & _WRT_OFF

#ENDCONFIG

Demon
- 19th May 2013, 01:41
Read this:

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/content.php?r=467-PICs-CONFIGS-and-Oscillator-Settings-for-Beginners

Robert

longpole001
- 19th May 2013, 01:59
thanks demon , the files that i was looking for were in the PBP3/ device_referance/PIC16F1825 and contain an index of the available options per each chip supported

regards

Demon
- 19th May 2013, 03:01
Probably, I mention in that article that I have v2.60

But at least it shows you what the configs are.

Robert