PDA

View Full Version : AT45 Flash problems

khufumen
- 26th May 2005, 02:55
I am running a 28 PIN AT45 flash chip with 8Meg of bits with a 16f876. I send data to the buffer and then from the buffer to the page. Everything generally works fine except every now and then when I read the data from the AT45 I get a bunch of 255s where there should be other data. I discovered that the buffer wasn't receiving the data correctly. The problem seems to be in the shiftout of data to the buffer. It only happens every now and then. It's very hard to duplicate it consistently. Has anyone out there had this experience before and if so how did you correct it?

Kind Regards,
Eric

Bieli
- 19th June 2005, 20:16
Hello.
I have simillar problem. Write and read to/from buffers work fine but when I transfer data into main memory I only have correct first byte and all others are FF. This problem is always on all pages.
Thanks for help.

Chris Mayhew
- 7th August 2005, 05:47
Hi

I just found this url which might be of interest.

http://www.compsys1.com/workbench/AT45DB/at45db.html

It provides some test code to read/write to the AT45 part, though I haven't tried it. Nor do I know anything about this website, I just "found" it.

Regards
Chris

Andre_Pretorius
- 18th November 2008, 15:30
hi there
Can you please tell me what circuit you used to sort out the voltage level between the 5v of the pic and the 3v of the at45

mackrackit
- 18th November 2008, 16:10
If I am reading the DATASHEET correctly, the device runs at the low voltage but...
from the DATASHEET

All Input Voltages
(including NC Pins)
with Respect to Ground ...................................-0.6V to +6.25V

mister_e
- 18th November 2008, 16:19
You could use voltage divider made with resistor or much fancy level converter circuits, ICs, or run the whole thing @3v

SteveB
- 19th November 2008, 00:42
hi there
Can you please tell me what circuit you used to sort out the voltage level between the 5v of the pic and the 3v of the at45

See response to your other post.