PDA

View Full Version : Problem with MPASM not having required INC files

keithdoxey
- 1st April 2013, 22:47
Hi All

Having not used PBP for the last 4 years, I am just getting back into it. I have been reading up on some of the newer PICs and decided to have a play both with writing from scratch and compiling existing programs for newer chips.

My setup is

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
PBP 2.60c
Microcode Studio 3.0.0.5
MPLAB 8.33
MPASM 5.31

The modern chips I am interested in are the 12F1822 and 16F1823 but these do not appear in the list of processors within MPASM. The first 16F18xx listed in that is the 16F1827

If I compile a program for the 1827 it compiles no problem but the 1822/1823 produce errors stating that the INC file cannot be found.

I thought I would try with the PM assembler but got a message saying it didn't work with 64bit

Went to Microchip and downloaded MPLAB X in the hope that had a newer version of MPASM but it didn't seem to have.

Any help gratefully received as I am keen to get back into PIC programming again.

Thanks

Keith

grahamg
- 2nd April 2013, 05:51
Keith, MPLAB 8.9 is still available and that supports all the present microprocessors.

keithdoxey
- 2nd April 2013, 21:04
Many thanks Graham.

I couldn't find it on Microchip by searching directly but good old Google found a reference to a page on a university site that mentioned MPLAB 8.8 and Vista. That linked to Microchip and partway down the page was a tiny link for MPLAB 8.9

It appears to be compiling OK now so I will order some chips and see what happens :)