PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 - downloaded PBP3 but meprog is nowhere to be found

vintagecarguy
- 17th March 2013, 06:38
I have an old version of PBP on my Win XPPro machine and purchased a new Win 8 machine. On the Win 8I downloaded the evaluation copy of PBP3 and was able to compile a test program but can't load it because the programmer driver is not loaded. I did an uninstall of PBP3, mechanique and mplab then re-installed but the problem still exists. How do I load the driver for the USB programmer? Thanks

mackrackit
- 17th March 2013, 15:00
And the programmer is???

Acetronics2
- 17th March 2013, 15:11
meprog is nowhere

Hi, Dave

you know you should always wear your glasses ... even if NOT programming ! :rolleyes:

Best regards
Alain

Darrel Taylor
- 17th March 2013, 15:24
The programmer software is not part of the PBP installation.

You can download the beta version from ... http://melabs.com/support/progsoft.htm

mackrackit
- 17th March 2013, 15:26
Ooopppss... that bold type in the title was hard to see...

Not sure how familiar you are with Win 8, but go to the control panel and devices, etc... just like any other version of windows and see if the programmer shows up. It could be the drivers just did not install correctly and need to be removed.... then start over.

vintagecarguy
- 17th March 2013, 18:26
And the programmer is???It's the old USB programmer. Thanks for the tops.

vintagecarguy
- 17th March 2013, 18:57
The programmer is now working - thanks for the tip.

I'm curious as to why the programmer software isn't included with the download and why the melabs support team didn't tell me it wasn't a part of the download. They mentioned nothing about separately loading the programmer and there's no information that I could find on the website that mentioned this - not in support or in the FAQ's.

Darrel Taylor
- 18th March 2013, 15:36
The programmers are seperate products that can be used with any compiler.
They are not specific to Picbasic Pro, and the software is not distributed with PBP.

You should have received a CD along with your programmer that has the software on it.
The CD is labeled meLabs Programmer.

When people lose their CD, I point them to the FREE beta version.
But you can purchase a new CD or download from ... http://store.melabs.com/cat/upgrades.html