PDA

View Full Version : PBP 2.5a and Windows 7

Neosec
- 26th February 2013, 20:23
I'm getting out my old electronic stuff for a project and ran into an issue already.
Will PBP 2.5a run on a Windows 7 machine? I tried installing it but got errors.
Thx

spcw1234
- 27th February 2013, 14:30
What errors? I run it on both 7 and 8 so yes it will work fine!

Neosec
- 27th February 2013, 16:54
Think I got it...
My BD ROM drive wouldn't read the disk so I had to copy the files from the disk on another machine. I then copied the files to a folder on my desktop on the windows 7 machine. After running the setup.exe all would seem to go fine getting the complete setup wizard window with three options checked. Install MPLAB IDE, and two others I don't recall. When I click finish I got two errors. Unable to execute file setup.exe with path to desktop folder. This error occured twice. I went to the specified folder and ran the setup.exe files using compatibility mode and they ran.
I had another error on one that said unable to modify file BR? (or something wish I wrote it down) because it was open. Hit retry a couple times, no help. Only other option was ignore. all else went ok. That ignore may cause me trouble going forward. Microcode opens now though.

Thanks
Neo

Neosec
- 27th February 2013, 23:28
Just posting followup here in case anyone else has a similar problem. I had to download and run the Patch for v2.5a that brings it up to v2.5c then set the set the check box to use MPASM as stated here (http://melabs.com/support/pbpissues.htm) for Windows 64-bit compatibility requirements. I was able to program and make a few LEDs blink! On to the next. :D