PDA

View Full Version : Pcf8593

Marocco Gabriel
- 20th May 2005, 22:32
I would like to use the PCF8593 with a pic 16F628. I would like to know how to do it using I2Cread and I2Cwrite instructions.

BobK
- 26th May 2005, 01:41
Hi Marocco,

There are routines for the PCF8593 on the MikroBasic website ,www.MikoElectronika.com, but I think this chip is very similar to the DS1337 from Maxim. If you do a search on the this forum (PICBASICPRO) for DS1337, there was a nice I2C routine for it last year. I have both chips but haven't taken the time to see if the DS1337 routine will work on the PCD8593. After I finish the large project I am working on now I plan to try it out. There is also a program listing on the MELabs web site for the MN1307 from Maxim also. It was written by Melanie Newman who is this group's administrator and it includes a user interface for programming the clock. The routines for the DS1337 and PCF8593 that I have put the time on the clock when you start the program.

Hope this helps you.

BobK

PS. In case you are not familiar with MikroBasic, it's another compiler program written by MikroElectronica. They also sell developement systems for various types of microcontrollers.