PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Timer download

queenidog
- 12th February 2013, 00:31
Is Melanie's Olympic Timer available as a download of PBP commands, not just a PDF?

I want to use parts of the code (just learning about timers now), and want to strip all the non-essential materials out.

Ioannis
- 12th February 2013, 07:00
Why don't you just copy/paste the part of interest?

Ioannis

queenidog
- 13th February 2013, 14:18
The document is in PDF form so there's lots of hidden formatting codes in it. Having said this, I took textual parts out of it and pasted to PBP and was surprised to see it actually work. I had to do it 4 times though because the screen copy would only work up to PDF boundaries. Then I had to strip out all the page numbers, document headers, etc.

I managed to do it, but had the program been in code in the first place or at least in text format, it would have saved me about an hour's work.

Heckler
- 13th February 2013, 15:47
well... how about when you get it done you post the code here for the rest of us. :o:D:D

thanks

Ioannis
- 13th February 2013, 19:47
If you open the pdf file and then export as a text (plain), you end up with the text plus the documentation. Then copy only the code part and save it or paste it to the MicroCode Studio.

The result should be the attached file.

Ioannis

queenidog
- 14th February 2013, 13:42
You're right I could have/should have done that. I know text goes into PBP pretty easy.

Thanks for the tip and the file...it's actually better than my hacked up one!