PDA

View Full Version : lcdout in case of random supply

atifur
- 29th January 2013, 07:36
Hi, every one.

Im working with a 18f4520 and the hd16268 LCD. My power supply is random (with 5V +-0.2V). Same supply for both the controller and the LCD. The LCD simply does not come on. Plzz give me some guidelines to check my system.

AvionicsMaster1
- 29th January 2013, 14:04
I'm going to look into my crystal ball. I see a vision of you not getting help until you post code. There is a strong apparition circling that vision that strongly suggests a schematic would be nice. Both are very hard to see with so little information especially with a "random" power supply. Maybe my crystal ball will be clearer if there was more information to discern my visions. Please tell us more and we might be able to save some visits.

atifur
- 30th January 2013, 06:34
Thanks a lot AvionicsMaster1, for your reply.
Iv got arround the problem, it was just a damaged LCD.

Thanks a lot anyway.

spcw1234
- 31st January 2013, 17:19
I'm going to look into my crystal ball. I see a vision of you not getting help until you post code. There is a strong apparition circling that vision that strongly suggests a schematic would be nice. Both are very hard to see with so little information especially with a "random" power supply. Maybe my crystal ball will be clearer if there was more information to discern my visions. Please tell us more and we might be able to save some visits.

I seem to have misplaced my wife... Perhaps you could take a look into your crystal ball for me? :)

AvionicsMaster1
- 1st February 2013, 16:30
I apologize for the snarky reply it's that lately there have been tons of people saying help but not providing any more info than that. If you need help please post at least your code where you setup the LCD and maybe a wiring diagram. There are some very bright people here, I'm unfortunately only dim, that can give you a path to fix your coding problems. However most won't do it for you and would prefer to see that you've got a grasp of what you're trying to do.

To spcw1234, does your wife have a fishing boat larger than 18' with a motor? If so, send picture of boat and I'll find her.