PDA

View Full Version : Experimenting With Pic Basic Pro Question

jabahunter
- 18th May 2005, 23:16
I have a copy of Les Johnson's "Experimenting With PIC Basic Pro" along with the CD of software provided. If any of you have or are familiar with the book please help:

In several of the programs he mentions a file(program?) "Modedefs.bas" which needs to be included in the particular program being used. It uses the "include" instruction in the code; ex. Include "Modedefs.bas".

Does anyone know where I might obtain this file(or program)?

TIA

BobK
- 19th May 2005, 01:18
Hi Jabahunter,

If you are using Pic Basic or PIC Basic Pro then the include file is in the programming program. For example, I use MicroCode Studio that came with PIC Basic Pro. I simply put on my program near the top Include "modedefs.bas" and the compiler handles the rest. This is a file in the compiler directory.

Hope this helps.

BobK

Bruce
- 19th May 2005, 04:48
This file is included with PBP. If you accept the default installation
directory, I.E. C:\PBP, then you'll find it there.

If not you may need to reinstall PBP from your original disc.

jabahunter
- 19th May 2005, 14:08
Thanks BobK and Bruce at RENTRON.COM for your helpful and fast responses.

John

santamaria
- 25th May 2005, 07:36
i am looking to find book of Les Johnson's "Experimenting With PIC Basic Pro.i order it in amazon uk but they can't find it yet.do anyone know were i can buy it online?
thanks

BobK
- 25th May 2005, 13:19
Hello Santamaria,

Apparently this book didn't sell very well when it first came out from what I've been told when I went to buy it from ME Labs. Melanie was gracious enough to put her copy up for grabs (sale) earlier this year which I snagged right away. I am just beginning to experiment with some of the topics in the book. There are some good subjects in there that I have been interested in. Perhaps someone out there might have a copy they wish to sell or donate.

BobK

lester
- 28th May 2005, 08:16
Hello, just for the record, When we first published the book it sold extreemly well, we did a second run and that sold too, but much more slowly. Sales really dropped off last year, so we decided that it would not be commercially viable to reprint the book.

There are moves to re relesse it and if that happens we wil make an announcement via the forum.

If any one is really desperate for the book and CD, drop me a line and we may be able to arrange something in the short term

[email protected]

Crownhill Associates Limited
www.crownhill.co.uk