PDA

View Full Version : Need help from you guys how to program Pic 12C509A using icprog!

jfar22
- 6th January 2013, 10:41
Yes i want the detailed info how to program this pic ic. I have a jdm programmer and want to use icprog. My problem i don't know to find the osc calib or hex. i hope someone would help me.Thanks in advance.

BobK
- 6th January 2013, 17:03
Hello jfar22,

Did you look into the similar threads below your post? There is the information you are looking for.
I use MCS+ and MELabs USB programming and I am not familiar with ICProg but I think I saw what
you are looking for in these posts. If it is not what you are looking for then use the advance search
feature of this forum.

BobK

jfar22
- 7th January 2013, 02:17
Thanks Bobk. I just want to use my serial port and i dont have an usb programmer. It's quite expensive for me even to build my own. My available only is jdm programmer and pic 12C509A here in my country. To use only for mod chip.

Acetronics2
- 7th January 2013, 17:43
Hi, Jfar22

I do hope your 12C509s are of the windowed type ones ... :rolleyes:
as you tell us not having lots of money ... I'm not so sure they aren't Plastic OTP ones ...

just my two cents ... ;)

Alain

jfar22
- 1st March 2013, 10:49
Hi guys! Ive successfully burn my pic 12C509A using software like PICprog4u and the schematic jdm like modified by Radu Igret. Then i build this programmer which limited only for 18 pins PIC. Worry no more co'z the osscal value automatically inserted using that software which i didn't find in icprog. My cost for building this programmer is only $2.50. Thank You!

Art
- 25th May 2013, 16:33
Nice, but the JDM programmer only works if your PC has a real serial port, or you power it externally.
12C509 OTP only applies to setting individual bits, so as long as your programmer is NOT working,
you can try as many times as it takes to get it working AFAIK.