PDA

View Full Version : The source directory is read only!!!!!!!!!

powerelect
- 29th July 2012, 20:01
I am new to programming. I am using trial version of picbasic pro 3.0.6.1 for programming PIC18F2520. I have also installed MPLAB 8.86. When I want to compile my program it gives me this error:
"Unable to compile x.pbp. The source directory is read only". I spent a week to find the reason but I could not. I was wondering if you'd mind helping me.

mackrackit
- 29th July 2012, 22:26
Is PBP installed to the default location?
Where is the file you are trying to compile at? Make sure it is in a separate directory from PBP and check the properties of that directory. Change permissions as needed.

powerelect
- 29th July 2012, 23:33
Thanks a lot for your response. PBP is installed to the default location as I did not change it during installation. The file which needs to be downloaded are in desktop. I also made some new files but it gave the error again. I should say that, the MicroCode Studio Plus is not installed as it is not free.

keithdoxey
- 29th July 2012, 23:59
Desktop is an area within your user profile and therefore private to you. The program may well only have read access to that location. Try putting them in a more general location such as "C:/myPicProgs" and see what happens.

powerelect
- 30th July 2012, 11:49
Many thanks for your help. finally it worked. I changed it to another directory. Thanks for you time.

Desktop is an area within your user profile and therefore private to you. The program may well only have read access to that location. Try putting them in a more general location such as "C:/myPicProgs" and see what happens.