PDA

View Full Version : 2+ days working on this issue and I still can't solve the problem.

Christopher4187
- 9th July 2012, 15:13
I don't get it. I wasted my entire weekend troubleshooting and I still can't locate the exact problem. I'm hoping someone on here knows what is going on.

I have the USB Me Labs programmer. I've had it for a number of years and it works great. All of the boards I've made, along with PIC's that I use on a breadboard program just fine. Last week I received the MCP2515 demo board kit from Microchip and it's giving me problems with programming. This is what I normally do:

1. I press the compile and program button on PBP.

2. Me Labs programmer opens up.

3. Under the options button, I have everything checked (It's the way I've always done it so if it ain't broke, don't fix it).

4. I press the program button and the code goes into the PIC.

Here is the problem I have with the 2515 demo boards:

1. It will not erase the chip. Never.

2. If I load a new file, I ALWAYS get "Configuration programming error at 0006" or "Code programming error at 0000."

The only way I've been able to workaround this is by doing these steps:

1. All options must be unchecked.

2. Click erase. It will fail but it's a necessary part of the step.

3. Click read.

4. Click compile and program.

5. Since the options are unchecked, I now have to set all of the configuration fuses by hand because I cannot update them from my file or I will get the 0006 error.

I can then program 20 chips in a row with no issues at all. When I load a new file, I have to start the same sh*t all over again. However, I don't have these problems when I program the boards I make. I've read all of the threads about the length of the programming wire, new firmware, adding the .1uF cap, etc. Nothing helped though.

WTF? Is something incompatible with the demo boards from Microchip and the config fuses?