PDA

View Full Version : 16f88 WON'T GO TO SLEEP, please help!!

wasilus
- 16th June 2012, 18:52
Hello guys,
I would need some help please.
I have a 16F88 and I am trying to use a sleep instruction in a very simple blinking LED program but it seems it does not want to work.I have tried everything with no success.Basicaly I want to put the pic to sleep and then wake up on portB change and continue the programm right after the sleep instruction, no interrupt sub routine , so INTCON,GIE is disabled.
But the "sleep instruction does not work the PIC does not go to sleep. It works on MPLAB simulator but when I put the programm in the real PIC it does not work.It goes to sleep however if I make RB4 to RB7 outputs but ofcourse then I canot wahe-up and that is not what I want.When I set the GIE it works too, but I do not want to use ISR, I just want to wake it up and run the programm from the sleep instruction.I set RB6 as input and put a 10K pullup resistor on it. the other port B pins are outputs.I have notheing on the other pins except a MCLR button on pin RA5.I clock it with 20 Mhz crystal, I also tried it with internal osccilator. Voltage is 3V.
I put here my program , maybe someone can help me and tell me what I am doing wrong, why it is not working.
Thank you.

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------; PROCESSOR DECLARATION;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LIST p=16F88 ; list directive to define processor #INCLUDE <p16f88.inc> ; processor specific variable definitions
; ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ _CONFIG1 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; turns off everything except MCLR and Powerup Timer __CONFIG _CONFIG1, _CPD_OFF & _CP_OFF & _DEBUG_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _MCLR_OFF & _PWRTE_OFF & _WDT_OFF & _WRT_PROTECT_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _HS_OSC __CONFIG _CONFIG2, _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF ; --------The Internal RC Frequency can be set at any time after ORG ----------------------- ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CBLOCK h'20'
d1
d2
d3
ENDC

RESET CODE 0x0000 ; processor reset vector
pagesel START
GOTO START ; go to beginning of program

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------; MAIN PROGRAM;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROGRAM CODE
START
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------; Deactivate A/D, comparators and voltage regulator
banksel PORTA
clrf PORTA
clrf PORTB
clrf STATUS
clrf CCP1CON ; Turn off CCP
clrf T1CON ; Turn off timers
clrf T2CON ;
banksel CMCON ;
movlw 07h ; Turn off comparator and make port A digital
movwf CMCON ;
clrf CVRCON ; Turn off voltage regulator
banksel ANSEL ; Turn off A/D converter and make PORT A digital,
clrf ANSEL ;
banksel TRISA
clrf TRISA
movlw b'00000000'
movwf TRISA
movlw b'01000000'
movwf TRISB
bcf OPTION_REG,7 ; enable pull up on port B
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------; PLACE USER PROGRAM HERE;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
banksel INTCON
bcf INTCON,INT0IF
bcf INTCON,TMR0IF
bcf INTCON,INT0IE
bcf INTCON,TMR0IE
bcf INTCON,PEIE
bcf INTCON,RBIF
bsf INTCON,RBIE
bcf INTCON,GIE

banksel PORTA
bsf PORTA,1
call delay
bcf PORTA,1
SLEEP
call delay
bsf PORTA,1
call delay
bcf PORTA,1
call delay
bsf PORTA,1
goto $

delay
movlw 0x16
movwf d1
movlw 0x74
movwf d2
movlw 0x06
movwf d3
Delay_1
decfsz d1, f
goto $+2
decfsz d2, f
goto $+2
decfsz d3, f
goto Delay_1
return
END

AvionicsMaster1
- 19th June 2012, 20:03
Looks more like C than PBasic. Please post code in basic then someone might chime in and help.

BobK
- 21st June 2012, 23:30
That's not C! It's assembly language.

BobK

.W4GNS
- 22nd June 2012, 02:21
It's assembly language.
BobK

Dirty Word !! :D

jnhammer
- 12th July 2012, 17:16
I believe that you need a NOP instruction after the SLEEP instruction. Regardless of the GIE setting, the instruction following the sleep instruction is executed.

jnhammer
- 12th July 2012, 17:25
in addition to my previous reply, you should look more closely at section 15.13.2 of the data sheet. there is a chance that the sleep is executing as a NOP because the RBIE and the RBIF were set prior to executing the sleep instruction.