PDA

View Full Version : Coridium ARM Development Boards - Anyone have experience with these?

WaveMan
- 15th May 2012, 02:38
Hello,

I came across a company called Coridium in the U.S. that offers a line of 32-bit ARM core development boards. They are based on the NXP LPC-series chips. The neat thing is that they can be programmed in BASIC or C. Not an interpreter, but fully compiled BASIC. I haven't been able to find too many reviews on these boards, their software products, etc.

www.coridiumcorp.com (http://www.coridium.com)

Anyone use one of their boards and have any comments they can provide? I would have thought they would generate more interest and fanfare, but apparently little out there in terms of user experience.

Thanks,

WaveMan

Jerson
- 15th May 2012, 04:53
I'm not sure you will want to program ARM with Basic. You might want to look at this company and their portfolio of ARM boards. I have no affiliation with them, just a satisfied buyer of their ARM7 board.
http://shop.ngxtechnologies.com/index.php?cPath=21&osCsid=d012c42271da4826cb7665feee2a5313

WaveMan
- 15th May 2012, 06:12
@Jerson,

Can you tell me why I wouldn't want to program an ARM MCU with BASIC? Thanks for the link, but I do not see any of these that offer a BASIC compiler.
The Coridium Corp boards look intriguing...

Cheers,

WaveMan

Jerson
- 15th May 2012, 06:52
Sure, most of the code for ARM is written in C. I'm not saying you cannot program/should not program in basic, just that you will find less supporting code around which you can readily re-use/learn.

BTW: your original link points to www.coridium.com which is something else altogether.

keithdoxey
- 15th May 2012, 08:05
Hello,

I came across a company called Coridium in the U.S. that offers a line of 32-bit ARM core development boards. They are based on the NXP LPC-series chips. The neat thing is that they can be programmed in BASIC or C. Not an interpreter, but fully compiled BASIC. I haven't been able to find too many reviews on these boards, their software products, etc.

www.coridiumcorp.com (http://www.coridium.com)

Anyone use one of their boards and have any comments they can provide? I would have thought they would generate more interest and fanfare, but apparently little out there in terms of user experience.

Thanks,

WaveMan

Looks interesting once I got to the site. Your link shows the correct address but the underlying link is for coridium.com it need "corp" before the .dom

I may be tempted to have a dabble particularly as it can be used with arduino shields. Good find :)

WaveMan
- 16th May 2012, 16:06
Indeed, it like should be: www.coridiumcorp.com

I try to avoid programming in C if I can...that's why I, like many others here, prefer PIC BASIC. Guess I'm C challenged...

Cheers...

WaveMan
- 16th May 2012, 16:16
Their ARM Express boards kind of remind me of the NXP MBED. It appears that Coridium might also use an online IDE for programming for their boards.
I am also tempted to try one out...