PDA

View Full Version : Struggling Newbie

plakey
- 18th March 2012, 11:55
Hi All,

I'm new to Microcontrollers and this forum so please be gentle.

I purchased a EasyPic7 board to start playing with which came with full copy of MikroBasic, however I'm far from happy with MikroBasic and a bit of research has brought me here.

PicBasic does look much more my sort of thing so I downloaded the demo, first thing I did was load up some samples for the 16F887 (I have one here to play with so thought it ideal learning) however I cannot seem to even compile the sample code that comes with PicBasic!..... they all seem to give "syntax errors" and in most samples it happens at the ANSEL and ANSELH lines.

I am selecting the correct PIC from the drop down box before compiling, what else should I be doing?..... it's very frustrating when you can't even get the demos to work :-(.

Thanks

Jerson
- 18th March 2012, 12:05
Welcome to the world of Picbasic

The easiest way is to post the offending code so that anyone here might spot the problem and suggest remedies.

Regards

HenrikOlsson
- 18th March 2012, 14:05
Hi,
I just tried compiling a couple of the examples in the LABX2-16F887 folder and it seems to work fine.

I know you said that you have the correct device selected but make sure you have the 16F887 and not the 16F877. Having the 877 selected produces syntax errors due to the fact that ANSEL and ANSELH doesn't exist in that device.

/Henrik.