PDA

View Full Version : MPPT system using PIC16f877a

cpkarthiksai
- 16th February 2012, 09:50
hi

i am studying my final year in BAchelor of Engineering(Electrical and electronics) and as part of my final year project i am doing a solar MPPT system using a boost converter and a microcontroller.. the boost converter i am using is LM2577 and my microcontroller is PIC16f877a. i have not worked with PIC before and hence i need some guides to help me.. i am strong in c and c++.
My software is MPLAB IDE with HI TECH C compiler and PICkit2 programmer.. i recently learnt a simple program on how to flash a led.

Charlie
- 16th February 2012, 10:55
Sounds like fun!
I'm not sure how much help we will be - this is a BASIC language forum, and most of us have trouble spelling C.
Did you have a question?

ScaleRobotics
- 16th February 2012, 12:12
Yeah, lots of fun :) Any reason you are picking such a difficult first PIC project?

There are some examples on Microchips site. But I don't think any of them use such a simple minded microchip. Here are some links I found a year or two ago.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11233

Good luck!

cpkarthiksai
- 16th February 2012, 20:29
@ScaleRobotics thanks for the links.. i chose this project because i want to learn about PIC for making automated robots like line followers and AUVs.. i have been making manual ones for a while now.. and also i want to show something good at the end of my semester. and i chose 16F877A coz its been used before for a MPPT device though i am not sure how that project ended up.. :P

Charlie i am sorry i dint realize its a BASIC forum .. but i could not find any forum for just C either.. is there one??