PDA

View Full Version : Simulator software

sangaboy
- 9th February 2012, 18:03
hi to all
can any one help me which software I can use to simulates my code apart from proteus ISIS7 proffesional which has pic microcontroller(pic16f777)
thankx

HenrikOlsson
- 9th February 2012, 18:27
Hi,
There's a simulator built into MPLAB but it doesn't simulate circuits and virtual instrumetation etc, just the PIC itself. I've never used it.
What's wrong with ISIS? I've heard it's good but there's nothing like the real world so if I were you I'd put that PIC on breadboard, development board, perfboard, PCB or whatever and "simulate" away.

/Henrik.

sougata
- 10th February 2012, 00:44
Hi,
The MPLAB simulator has a Logic Analyzer like tool which can be used to visualize output pulses. However whether they are actually making up a sinewave or not needs to be determined offline as the Low Pass RC will not work in MPSIM.

sangaboy
- 10th February 2012, 09:53
Thankx for your help

But HenrikOlsson ask the the problem of ISIS?

The problem with ISIS is that I dont see my pic16f777 or any kind of 16 series which has 3 modules.

.W4GNS
- 10th February 2012, 15:18
http://www.oshonsoft.com/ PIC Simulator has the 16F777. And I think they have a demo.

sangaboy
- 10th February 2012, 16:56
hi
I try to downlaod the picsimulator and install on my PC but when I start to lunch it's icon it gives error(unexpected error;quitting)

thankx

.W4GNS
- 10th February 2012, 17:23
hi
I try to downlaod the picsimulator and install on my PC but when I start to lunch it's icon it gives error(unexpected error;quitting)

thankx

It sounds like you're either running Windows7 or Vista. You will have to run the program as Administrator