PDA

View Full Version : Picbasic pro with MPLAB X

Alexey
- 4th December 2011, 05:34
I All,
Can not set up Picbasic3 pro with MPLAB X. Installed plugin and PIC basic is listed in the New project master like this

PICBASIC PRO™ (None found)
what could be the problem?

Thanks

mackrackit
- 4th December 2011, 06:39
Maybe this will help

http://melabs.com/support/mplab.htm

Alexey
- 4th December 2011, 06:58
Thank you

I could not find language tools location in the new MPLAB X...
Will also check if C++ redistributable is installed. Does it matter what is installed first - PBP3 or MPLABX?

Best regards,

mackrackit
- 4th December 2011, 07:03
I have not used the X version but I will guess it does not matter which one is installed first as long as the paths are set correctly...

Acetronics2
- 4th December 2011, 19:07
Hi,

Better try this one ...
http://pbp3.com/downloads/com-melabs-pbptoolchain.zip

must be used from MPLABX , plugins section ...

BUT, as I read somewhere ... PicBasic Pro being a Microchip trademark ( heu, heu ... a proof I really read my manual ... :love_heart: ) some enlightments on how to use MPLABX would be a minimum to offer to Microchip "valued customers" ... by our beloved "Melabs" team !!!

don't you think ??? :chargrined:

Alain

Alexey
- 5th December 2011, 00:34
Hi Acetronics,
:)

With this plugin i still have

PICBASIC PRO™ (None found)

in the select compiler page although Microcode studio does not see any problem....
OK, then will just wait for MPLABX release version..

Best regards

ecoli-557
- 2nd January 2012, 17:49
Hello All-
I am trying to work with PBP3 and MPLAB X and I do see the Toolchain refrence PicBasic Pro but I cannot seem to do anything....... is there a online tutorial for PBP and MPLAB X? I have Googled for several hours but nothing has turned up.
Can someone point me to the map so I can find an answer?

Regards and Happy New Year!

ozzyace
- 31st March 2012, 01:17
In case there were more people with issues getting PBP3 working with MPLABX I have some more information. Presuming you have Already installed the toolchain plugin into MPLABX, then you need to also goto TOOLS then OPTIONS then EMBEDDED then ADD. You should see the PBP compiler listed. Add it, then make it your default compiler. Presto! Make a new project and you should now be able to select PBP3 properly.

elproducts
- 17th November 2013, 13:43
Did all that and pbp3 shows up as compiler choice.
Made blink.x project.
Added blink.pbp to project.
Did clean build.

Get: Cannot run program "C:\Program" (in directory "C:\PBP3\EXAMPLES\blink.X"

Any other tips?