PDA

View Full Version : please Help me with the ISD1700

alkhafaf
- 7th November 2011, 18:55
Hi
I am new to this forum, and I hope that u can help me. I've read a thread in this forum (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9365) about the ISD1700 and there were codes for it, and they were very useful to me. I am facing a problem in recording a message in the SPI mode. When I try to record from the MIC, it records nothing . Is MIC the default recording way to record in the SPI mode. I've tested recording in the Standalone mode, and it just works fine.

I would really appreciate your help,thanks.

mister_e
- 7th November 2011, 19:24
are you using a mic? what type? electret? if so are you sure it's bias is properly set? Feed a signal generator in and see what happen...

alkhafaf
- 8th November 2011, 22:36
Ok, thanks Steve.
I have solved the problem. The problem was not in the MIC. Actually the datasheet did not clarify how to connect the MIC in SPI mode. I have connected the MIC in SPI mode in the same way connected in Standalone mode; except, the resistor which is connected to the -MIC should be connected to ground on the other end.Thats all the problem.

When they draw the design, they should have connected it to the ground directly , instead of connecting it to the REC pin; and that made a confusion.

Anyway, THANKS GOD. the problem is solved, and thanks again Steve.