PDA

View Full Version : Problem with servos

ncet20
- 30th September 2011, 16:54
Can anyone help me...:(

my problem is that, i have this tower pro 9g servo and as I connect it to the circuit which I made, It instantly started without putting the PIC microcontroller to its socket. I've already checked the circuit connections and there were no shorted... So, i really don't have an idea now...

Lots of thanks to those who will give help.. :)

Heckler
- 30th September 2011, 17:38
when you say it "instantly started"... what do you mean? Did it just twitch? or did it change position?

typically... in order to control a servo you need to supply +5 volts to the red wire, gnd the black wire and supply a PWM (pulse width modulated) signal to the white wire. The pulse must be repeated approx every 20ms (see the article below). So you must use a timing loop, or an interrupt based on a timer, or some other method of making sure you are repeating the pulse at the proper rate. Is your servo Digital or Analog?

Here is a description of how servos work (both digital and analog servos)
http://www.acroname.com/robotics/info/articles/servo/servo.html

cncmachineguy
- 30th September 2011, 19:02
It is pretty normal for R/C type servos to move as soon as they have power. Usually they just move to the smallest position.

ncet20
- 5th October 2011, 06:18
it is digital... I haven't placed the microcontroller yet, still it moves.. Maybe its calibration has its problem.. Thanks for the reply.

ncet20
- 5th October 2011, 06:20
Yes, it supposedly work that way, but it moves continuously... Maybe it's calibration has its problem. Thank you for the reply.

ardhuru
- 5th October 2011, 08:40
I'd suggest you check the wiring again; the color code can be confusing, I've had a servo with brown, red and orange wires! And for certain combination of incorrect wiring, the rotor does stutter.

Regards,

Anand

ncet20
- 11th October 2011, 14:22
Thanks for the response