PDA

View Full Version : MicroCode Studio oddity...

mtripoli
- 20th April 2011, 16:50
No, it's weirder than that...

As I continue to code I see that other pin/labels are not auto-correcting. I'm coding for a PIC16F1946 64 pin device. Labels attached to PORT A,B,C,D,E.0-6 and G all auto-correct. E.7 and all of PORTF do not. Is this an indication of a deeper problem? Odd that one pin on a port and an entire port is not "recognized". I'm coding and compiling as I go (I don't have the hardware ready yet) so I don't know if the actual pin works yet.

***** ORIGINAL POST *****
I have a bunch of variables in my code. They're all in uppercase letters. While typing if I type one of the labels in lowercase it will auto-correct to uppercase, except for one. Usually this is a good check that the label is wrong. But in this case it is correct, just not auto-correcting. Code compliles just fine... anyone else seen this?

Thanks.

Ioannis
- 21st April 2011, 11:09
Yeap, I had similar issues with new commnds that appeared after 2.50 version and with some newer PICs.

It seems that MCS needs an upgrade soon.

Also another issue is when I had two files opened and was changing some lines on prog-A, after making some corrections to prog-B and returnd to prog-A, whatever I was doing it got LOST! Frustrating.... :(

Ioannis

mackrackit
- 21st April 2011, 11:41
Have you tried this?
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=14100&highlight=fineline

Ioannis
- 21st April 2011, 12:09
Yeap and I had some issues with windows ghosting, reported to Norm, but I suppose he is busy.

Ioannis

mackrackit
- 21st April 2011, 12:24
I have not had that problem. What version are you using. OS?

Most of my work of late has been on my linux box using gedit. Never faild... yet. :rolleyes:

mtripoli
- 22nd April 2011, 03:21
I thought I had it figured out... then I added a bunch more variables and noticed that a whole set of variables that had auto-corrected had gone back to "as-typed" (which implies some kind of "history tracking" or something that I'm not at all comfortable with - I don't need surprises in the middle of coding). So I've given up the idea of using this "technique" as a check that the variable has been typed correctly (too bad, I thought it was pretty good).

I can't say that I know for sure that this was supposed to be a valid "feature" of the editor. It's more than a little irritating when development tools do what they want, when they want.

Normnet
- 22nd April 2011, 08:20
Yeap and I had some issues with windows ghosting, reported to Norm, but I suppose he is busy.

Ioannis
I can't replicate the problem of ghosting however I am working on a new version of FL.
It's built with the latest Delphi compiler and includes some options for windows 7.
I'll send you a beta copy when it's ready.

Norm

Ioannis
- 22nd April 2011, 23:21
Thanks Norm. I will be looking forward to.

@ mtripoli: it is indeed very annoying when that happens. I learned my lesson and hit the Ctrl+S all the time. Almost annoyingly often :).

Ioannis

mtripoli
- 23rd April 2011, 22:53
Yeah... I hit the save key pretty often myself...

@Norm: I downloaded and am using your IDE; very impressive. I've been using it for about half an hour and it's been tooling right along.

I'm using the PICKIT3 programmer. I saw the setup string for firing the programmer, but when it comes up I still have to load the uC and program manually (I'm using a 16F1946). Anyone got any ideas on getting this to program automatically? I think my device declaration is wrong as well; I still don't have the declaration format correct for using Microchips programmers (@ DEVICE HS_OSC,WDT_OFF,BOD_OFF,LVP_OFF,PROTECT_OFF) doesn't work...

Ioannis
- 24th April 2011, 17:30
Are you using the stand alone software for Pickit3?

If yes, it has the auto import hex and write button. Just click it to turn on the feature.

Ioannis

mtripoli
- 24th April 2011, 19:02
Yes, I'm using the PICKIT3 software... and the "auto import". I'm referring to a way that the programmer starts and programs without having to hit the "auto import" button. I know that there is a command line version of the PICKIT2 available in which you can do this; I haven't looked yet for the same for the "3".

HenrikOlsson
- 24th April 2011, 20:44
Hi,
This is what I use from within MCSP:

-P$target-device$ -F$hex-filename$ -E -M -B -L -V5
And the exutable is called PK3Cmd.exe which I don't think is the same as the standalone programmer software for the PK3.

The -V5 is said to specify the voltage output on the Vdd line by the PICKit3 so be careful if you're using a 3.3V PIC etc.

/Henrik.

mtripoli
- 25th April 2011, 22:03
Thanks Henrik, that did the trick.

Demon
- 27th April 2011, 02:32
I also get the auto-correct oddity in MCSP since I updated (I had an old version).

(system specs below)