PDA

View Full Version : RFID and PC Interfacing using Visual Basic without using a PIC

Masuka
- 5th February 2011, 11:58
I recently bought an ACM812A RFID module which the manual says it can read and write ISO18000-6B EPC Passive tags and is software programmable. The manual goes on to say it is able to decode ISO-18000B EPC. The manual goes on to say it allows Programmable Interface with host applications and Currently Supports Visual Basic or VC applications.

My question from your experience with RFID guys, do you think it is possible to develop my VB interface which can read and write to the tags without using the demo software they provided (It seems difficult to me to link their demo software with a database ). I want to make sure that my VB stores each tag's serial number it reads to an Access Database and then sends a character to a seperate PIC so that I will open a gate. (Its a tollgate system that i am developing)

Please help me
Lee

mister_e
- 5th February 2011, 19:53
We don't have the "said" manual, but if they use generic serial communication, I don't see why it should'nt work?

There's quite a load of code example of "how to use Acess database with VB & C#" all over the web. And so there's a load of example to help you to communicate from your PIC application with VB/C# using serial port, even USB.

Start small, begin with simple bi-directional serial communications, build a project... keep it on the shelf.

Use some existing Access example, play a little bit with, build a project... keep it on the shelf.

Mix the two above,
Then apply to the specific device you're using.... wash and rinse.

Key: Begin small.