PDA

View Full Version : PLCC Package

prstein
- 29th December 2010, 03:28
By far, the PIC I've worked with the most is the 16F877 in the PLCC-44 package. I've been migrating towards the 18F452 as it has double the memory and a bunch more RAM.

I like the PLCC package because I can use a socket. The '452 is pin-for-pin compatible so it works well for a direct replacement. Always looking for more memory, I don't see any other PICs with this package--is this something that is being phased out?

On a similar note, does anyone else on the list use the 16F877 in the PLCC-44 package? I have about a dozen or so that I've taken out of finished units (programmed once) that I'd be happy to give away if they would actually be used.

Best Regards,
Paul

ScaleRobotics
- 31st December 2010, 20:25
I like the PLCC package because I can use a socket. The '452 is pin-for-pin compatible so it works well for a direct replacement. Always looking for more memory, I don't see any other PICs with this package--is this something that is being phased out?

I have not used that package, but if it was on any newer chips I would! I think the PLCC was being phased out pre 2002? But I could be wrong here. I have not seen any newer chips being released in that package.

prstein
- 3rd January 2011, 14:35
Thanks for the information. That explains why I can't even give them away...8^)

Best Regards,
Paul