PDA

View Full Version : Long distance reading

koossa
- 24th November 2010, 15:47
Good day

I want to develop a product that must be capable of reading a number remotely on request over a long distance.

The user has for example 100 items that he must be able to scan, like a barcode from a distance of say 15 meters.

The only thing that I could think of is that each item has a light sensitive switch and when you shine a laser light on it (from a custom handheld device), it sends a number to the handheld (user) with either RF or a high frequency sound?

Any ideas?

rsocor01
- 1st December 2010, 14:01
The only thing that I could think of is that each item has a light sensitive switch and when you shine a laser light on it (from a custom handheld device), it sends a number to the handheld (user) with either RF or a high frequency sound?

Any ideas?

Using a handheld device and aiming a laser light at a barcode tag from a distance of 15m is kind of challenging. People with shaky hands won't be able to use your product. Just a thought ;).

tony45
- 24th February 2011, 12:22
sounds like a challage i will being research at once :rolleyes:

dhouston
- 24th February 2011, 16:35
The user has for example 100 items that he must be able to scan, like a barcode from a distance of say 15 meters.http://www.electronicspecifier.com/Wireless-and-Portable/Passive-RFID-Reader-with-long-read-range-up-to-15-meters.asp