PDA

View Full Version : windows 7 and winpic800 unsigned driver problem

comwarrior
- 5th November 2010, 00:13
i've been using winpic and my jdm programmer for several years under xp pro without a problem.
My hardware died a horible death and i was forced to upgrade everything (expensive!)

i come to install winpic800 and windows 7 refuses to use a driver that is not digitally signed...
Ergo, i can't program chips and this is kinda bad... :eek:

I've got a melabs programmer on order but it's coming from the states to UK and thus will take over a week!

Two solutions i can see...
1) find some other windows 7 compatible software...

2) my laptop has win xp but the serial port is +- 5V and not 12V thus does not have the correct voltage. can i connect an external battery to the JDM to bring the programming voltage up? if so, where to connect it and what voltage do i need?

Any help appreciated... Thanks

mackrackit
- 5th November 2010, 04:09
Just a thought...
Have you tried right clicking and run as administrator?

malc-c
- 5th November 2010, 12:44
Two solutions i can see...
1) find some other windows 7 compatible software...

2) my laptop has win xp but the serial port is +- 5V and not 12V thus does not have the correct voltage. can i connect an external battery to the JDM to bring the programming voltage up? if so, where to connect it and what voltage do i need?

Any help appreciated... Thanks

Or Option 3 - buy a USB programmer !

Googled around and there are loads of options and priced from $20usd upwards. If you want to have some real fun and have around $120usd - then look at an EasyPic board - has built in programmer, LCD, switches and a host of other goodies for development all on one easy to configure board.