PDA

View Full Version : Melabs U2 Programmer question

polymer52
- 20th July 2010, 19:28
My company has 2 of the U2 programmers and when we use them in production mode from a batch file after x number of successful programs it then comes up with a message "Lost communication with programmer". Could be 1 or 25 successes but randomly we have to unplug and reconnect the programmer to make it work again.
Not a serious problem but annoying when doing 100's of boards.
Anyone else had this problem and possibly have a fix for it?
Thanks.

rsocor01
- 22nd July 2010, 23:11
My company has 2 of the U2 programmers and when we use them in production mode from a batch file after x number of successful programs it then comes up with a message "Lost communication with programmer". Could be 1 or 25 successes but randomly we have to unplug and reconnect the programmer to make it work again.
Not a serious problem but annoying when doing 100's of boards.
Anyone else had this problem and possibly have a fix for it?
Thanks.

I have a U2 programmer too, but I've never had that problem. Are you doing ICP? If you don't have a solid connection between the programmer and the chip, you get "Lost USB Connection" errors. What kind of setup do you have?

Robert

polymer52
- 23rd July 2010, 14:10
I have a U2 programmer too, but I've never had that problem. Are you doing ICP? If you don't have a solid connection between the programmer and the chip, you get "Lost USB Connection" errors. What kind of setup do you have?

Robert

Yes we use ICP and we have a good solid connection. We use pin headers for programming all out boards. We try to not use the programming pins for i/o as much as possible but sometimes it is necessary but when we do we usually isolate the pin with a 10k resistor.
It seems to be a random problem.