PDA

View Full Version : MicroCode Studio and PBPL (longs) ?

mr.sneezy
- 24th May 2010, 00:14
Any advanced MCS users out there know if MCS editor will use the PBPL.EXE automatically if you use Longs in your 18FXXXX code ?

I can't see a setting in MCS to force it too.

Thanks,
Martin

ScaleRobotics
- 24th May 2010, 00:50
It will not change automatically, you have to set it manually. Go to View, compile and program options, then check the box PBPL for long.

Walter

rsocor01
- 24th May 2010, 01:12
Any advanced MCS users out there know if MCS editor will use the PBPL.EXE automatically if you use Longs in your 18FXXXX code ?

I can't see a setting in MCS to force it too.

Thanks,
Martin

Martin,

I am not an advanced MCS user :), but I can answer this one. MCS will not use PBPL automatically. You have to set this option in the MCS asembler and compiler options. I have been using this option lately on a 18F4550 without any problems.

I am not in front of my computer right now, so I can not tell you exactly how to set it. But, the option to set PBPL is in the MCS menu options. If you don't find it, I can post some screenshots later.

Robert

Normnet
- 24th May 2010, 02:44
I am slowly finishing a new FineLineIDE which does a quick look through of code to make
sure the correct compiler (PBPW or PBPL) and assembler (PM or MPASM) is selected.
Also if a "FL comment directive" such as 'FL PIC18F2520 is found the IDE will auto select
the correct PIC for compilation.

Norm

mr.sneezy
- 24th May 2010, 04:00
Very nice Norm. Perhaps MCS could do the same in a new version...

Hey Robert and all, thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll find the check box now that I know it's definitely there.

rsocor01
- 24th May 2010, 18:53
Martin,

In response to your PM message, yes for the 18F series you need to enable MPASM. Take a look at the attached pics. To get there go to View and Compile and Program Options...

I am not sure what the INHX8M and the other options are for, but I have them set in the default setting. Pressing the help button will not help much in clarifying what these options are for. Anyhow, the way you see it in the pictures is the default setting and it works.

Robert

mr.sneezy
- 25th May 2010, 04:18
Oh dear. My MCS option window does not show that box....
I turned off MPASM in the next window, then back on again, nope no PBPL box.
My SW version About info shows me using V3.0.0.0 which seems the latest version.
Could my copy be messed up ?

PS. I said elsewhere that I must have kicked a black cat recently.... Make that two black cats.

ScaleRobotics
- 25th May 2010, 04:47
Hi Martin,

What version of PBP do you have? MCS is up to version 3.0.0.5, but I think 3.0.0.0 should have had the check box. What does your About show under the Help menu?

Walter

mr.sneezy
- 25th May 2010, 05:05
Hi Martin,

What version of PBP do you have? MCS is up to version 3.0.0.5, but I think 3.0.0.0 should have had the check box. What does your About show under the Help menu?

WalterVersion 3.0.0.0.

I just looked at the 'revision history' at MCS and it showed the last as 3.0.0.0.
I'll download the copy on the MCS site and reinstall.

Hey I don't need the paid up 'Plus' version do I ?

PS. Just spotted V4.0.0.0 on MELABS website...

mr.sneezy
- 25th May 2010, 05:23
I now have the PBPL option in V4.0.0.0 :-)