PDA

View Full Version : information about PBP compiler types

itsssyam
- 23rd May 2010, 12:25
I've a doubt regarding PBP Compiler.

In PBP,one option called Select Language Options, there are different types such as

1.MP
2.PBP
3.PBPL
4.PBPW
5.PM

I'm well confused that which option can used and how these options can differ with each other,
cau explain clearly.

thanks in advance

with regards,
Syam.

HenrikOlsson
- 23rd May 2010, 13:31
Hi,
PBP, PBPW and PBPL are all different versions of the PICBasicPro compiler. PBP is the "normal" compiler, PBPW is what you normally use when compiling from within a Windows enviroment because it can make use of all memory available to Windows during the process of compiling. PBPL is the "long-version" of the compiler and needs to be selected if you're using any LONGs in your program. If you're not using any LONGs you can still compile with PBPL but the generated code will be larger.

PM is MicroEngineeringLabs assembler which is what converts assembly code generated by the compiler into a .hex file ready to be loaded into the actual PIC chip. PM won't work for PIC18 series devices or with programs compiled with PBPL.

With MP I suspect you mean MPASM which is Microchip's assembler which does the same job as PM but works for all series of chips AND for programs compiled with PBPL.

/Henrik.

itsssyam
- 30th May 2010, 14:22
thanks for ur replay