PDA

View Full Version : A polemic pamphlet

IAmTheAnswer
- 21st May 2010, 16:08
A lot of times I see people create devices which are already there. An inverter to have 230 volts out of 10 volts for example.

Others create the thousandth clock.

Key Word "Reinventing the wheel".

I see that some people do this to learn. I understand that when it comes to letting a LED blink. But an inverter is way too advanced to be used as a learning device aka dust-catcher.

I have always built something I could actually use. If it was a blinking led, then it was coupled with another timer and a switch to have at least a tea-timer.

Why would anyone want to reinvent the wheel? Out of ignorance?

Acetronics2
- 21st May 2010, 16:16

Hi,

I'm surprised such a high level guy didn't think to this so simple answer :

just to see how the wheel works ... and may be also what to do with a couple or two of wheels ...

Just a Warning from the moderator :

DO NOT cross the yellow line ... or push someone to the other side. ;)

Alain

ScaleRobotics
- 21st May 2010, 16:35

More likely they have a sincere will to learn. The people that "reinvent the wheel" as you say, are more concerned with increasing their knowledge and doing their own work, rather than worrying how advanced their project is, or if it has ever been done before.

Darrel Taylor
- 21st May 2010, 23:04
If nobody was re-inventing wheels ... your car would be riding on these ...

Of course, there probably wouldn't be any cars.

That's how new (and better) things get discovered.

Bruce
- 22nd May 2010, 00:06
Key Word "Build a better mousetrap"....:eek:

IAmTheAnswer
- 22nd May 2010, 07:40
If nobody was re-inventing wheels ... your car would be riding on these ...

Wrong. If people stopped re-inventing wheels( which is being meant figurative, stupid ) modern wheels would be much more advanced. Understanding how wheels work is necessary to create better ones. But there is no use in recreating the exact same wheel again. Those people don't have a goal in mind or too much free time.

There are so many people on this planet. We'd have much more variety in anything if people did not spend so much time copying each other.

vaporized
- 22nd May 2010, 10:52
...which is being meant figurative, stupid...

Well, you obviously feel surrounded by dullards here, but no worries - just keep that attitude. In no time you'll end up having your own forum comprising but a one fool... You like mirror, don't you?

IAmTheAnswer
- 22nd May 2010, 11:15
Well, you obviously feel surrounded by dullards here,
That's your problem.

Acetronics2
- 22nd May 2010, 12:55
Thread moved for reason :

OBVIOUSLY NO LINK AT ALL TO PICBASIC

OFF TOPIC is the only convenient place. ;)

Alain

IAmTheAnswer
- 22nd May 2010, 15:59
There is always a link to pbp. But offtopic is a more convenient place for this pamphlet.

I am the answer

IAmTheAnswer
- 22nd May 2010, 16:01
Come on, this is a polemic pamphlet. Disagree or agree more. State your experiences. Why would you want to reinvent the wheel instead of using the knowledge(idiomatically spoken)?

sayzer
- 23rd May 2010, 14:04
Wrong. If people stopped re-inventing wheels( which is being meant figurative, stupid ) modern wheels would be much more advanced. Understanding how wheels work is necessary to create better ones. But there is no use in recreating the exact same wheel again. ...

"Wrong". If nobody was re-inventing wheels, we wouldn't have air planes today, and even more space crafts.

BTW: This "IAmTheAnswer" guy is reminding me the guy named "Tjackson", if spelled correct.

----------------------------

Acetronics2
- 23rd May 2010, 14:13
BTW: This "IAmTheAnswer" guy is reminding me the guy named "Tjackson", if spelled correct.

Hi, Sayzer

A German guy, with such a speech ... :rolleyes:

do you remember someone named " SelbstDual " ... about two years ago.

Alain

rsocor01
- 23rd May 2010, 23:04

Hmmm, I was thinking just that.

Robert