PDA

View Full Version : PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID

nbrucew
- 16th May 2010, 21:15
I am working on a program using MPLAb, PIC2 programmer, PICBASic PRO and pic12f683 chip installed on the 44pin demo board. Admitted novice and work/debugging software in segments where I reprogram chip alot after compiling. And I sometimes go back and reprogram chip with different MPlab project with different program to check things out. All my programs assemble/compile correctly ... albeit after a million attempts. But lately recieve >>

PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID. Please verify that a PIC12F683 is correctly installed in application.

I cannot verify or connect with chip without getting this warning. Using MPLAb to verify if device is correct I recieve PK2error0027: Failed verify (Address = 0xxx, expected value Ox...).

Can overcome by starting another project using project wizard and copy/paste program butthis doesn't explain the warning .. the chip is not code protected, I "think" I have connected the chip to the pIC2 using ICSP protocol .. I am powering the chip by the PIC2 however. Cannot anyone explain what is happening ... do believe the issue is with the PIC2 programmer not PicBasic Pro software but not sure 100% of anything of late ..

appreciate any help.