PDA

View Full Version : Any CLEAR command associated w/ DT_INTS?

circuitpro
- 30th April 2010, 01:51
I'm trying to troubleshoot some code w/ a rotary encoder. If I spin the encoder too fast, something is causing the CPU to reset. So I disabled the interrupt at the beginning of the routine, and re-enabled it at the end of the routine, but then it resets AFTER the routine. Is there any 'clear' or 'overrun' buffer that needs to be cleared besides disabling the interrupt itself? Thought I remembered reading about something like that, but can't find it now.

Bruce
- 30th April 2010, 03:12
My magic crystal ball is in-for-repairs, so it would be helpful if you could post all of your code + your config settings..;o)

And a hint about the PIC type would also be fairly helpful..;o)

circuitpro
- 30th April 2010, 21:32
Sorry about that! I guess I was pretty darn vague. I bulldozed the code and just started again, and ... miraculiously... no more problem. Thanks, Bruce, and I hope your crystal ball works better next time. :o

Bruce
- 30th April 2010, 22:00
I pretty vaque at times myself...:rolleyes:

What turned out to be the problem?

circuitpro
- 1st May 2010, 01:22
That poor piece of code was in a terrible mess I'm not even sure what it was. I should have just started over yesterday. Some days are just like that, ya know. Thanks for the reply though. I think it was a timeout I had on a HSERIN command.