PDA

View Full Version : EasyPic 5 board and MCSP

Alexander
- 24th April 2010, 07:16
I've got Easy Pic 5 board- very nice but can't get it work with MCSP. Did some one manage to do it? I find a ref in your forum www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/content.php?r=84 but no content there. I'm using USB- RS232 adapter.

malc-c
- 24th April 2010, 10:11
When you say you are using USB to RS232, do you mean you are using a com port on the PC to connect to the programmer's USB port via an adapter - If so then I think you are going to have trouble.

A bit more info on how / what you are trying to do would be useful.

Alexander
- 25th April 2010, 06:45
When you say you are using USB to RS232, do you mean you are using a com port on the PC to connect to the programmer's USB port via an adapter - If so then I think you are going to have trouble.

A bit more info on how / what you are trying to do would be useful.

Thanks, I have notebook with USB ports only therefore I'm using adapter to connect to RS232 on Easy Pic 5 board. I'm trying to use ICD capabilities of MCSP. A correct loader I have.
Regards
Alexander

malc-c
- 28th April 2010, 18:19
To be honest I don't think it will work with MCSP, the manual ( http://www.mikroe.com/pdf/easypic5/mikroicd_manual.pdf ) provides details of how to configure and use the Mikro ICD software, which might be your only option

Acetronics2
- 1st May 2010, 10:28
Hi, Alexander

at this time , I have my Easypic5 connected to MCSP in debug mode, with a 16F877A ... and it works fine.

so, it's possible.

1) I use a " true " RS232 serial cable from a serial port of the PC - no USB convertor. ( choice is only COM 1,2 & 4 ... )

I have an USB > serial on com 4 ( PSU ) and it works too, if connected to EP5 ...

2) the EP5 RS232 switches ( SW7 & SW8 ) must be selected to allow the choosen Pic to use it's own USART.

except that ... nothing special.

Alain

Alexander
- 4th May 2010, 15:36
Hi, Alexander

at this time , I have my Easypic5 connected to MCSP in debug mode, with a 16F877A ... and it works fine.

so, it's possible.

1) I use a " true " RS232 serial cable from a serial port of the PC - no USB convertor. ( choice is only COM 1,2 & 4 ... )

I have an USB > serial on com 4 ( PSU ) and it works too, if connected to EP5 ...

2) the EP5 RS232 switches ( SW7 & SW8 ) must be selected to allow the choosen Pic to use it's own USART.

except that ... nothing special.

Alain

Merci Alain
What loader are you using? Is it possible to use MC Loader?
I have 16F887 on board. Its not on the list. What can I put instead?
Regards
Alexander

ScaleRobotics
- 4th May 2010, 16:13
Any supported chip should do, as long as your board's serial port can match up with the chips, it should work. Here are the hex files available for MCLoader, attachment at the bottom of this page:
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/content.php?r=96-Mechanique-Bootloader-Hex

FranMah
- 19th March 2011, 14:38
Hey
I have easy pic 5 board. Its awesome except 1 thing that can't get it work with MCSP.
Please tel me what should i do.???