PDA

View Full Version : Success, Thanks folks

PickyBiker
- 1st April 2010, 21:21
Well I went from learning what a PIC is, gathering the tools needed to program it to writing my first program. My ultimate goal is a RC flight controller. So I chose something smaller that would lead up to that. It's another of those common tools called servo testers. Should I call it YAST, yet another servo tester? Anyway, this one uses a 12f683 8-pin pic and has 4 operating modes controlled by a switch. The modes are 1; use a pot to control the servo position 2; swing the servo back and forth quickly 3; swing it back and forth slowly and 4; center the servo. Getting this to work got me familliar with lots of PIC stuff including special registers, A/D conversion, timer0 interrupts, reading a switch and a pot, and of course, outputting pulses of varing lengths. This is everything I need for a flight controller, except for reading a pulse width. I'll try to cover that base in the controller itself.

The folks on this website have been friendly and helpfull. It would have taken much much longer to get here without their help. It's possible that I might have gotten so frustrated as to quit altogether.

So... once again, thanks to all who have helped in the last few weeks.