PDA

View Full Version : Device name included in .hex file?

PickyBiker
- 19th March 2010, 23:49
I am using a MACH X PIC programmer and it constantly complains that the device name is not included in the .hex file created with PBP. Is there an option somewhere that I can use to include that automatically in the .hex file?

Also, the programming software with the MACH X isn't friendly at all and comes with abolutely no instructions for the MACH X programmer or the SW. Did I choose the wrong programmer to use with MPLAB/PICBASIC Pro?

Archangel
- 20th March 2010, 08:18
Also, the programming software with the MACH X isn't friendly at all and comes with abolutely no instructions for the MACH X programmer or the SW. Did I choose the wrong programmer to use with MPLAB/PICBASIC Pro?
Any product which is Unfriendly to it's customers is a suspect, in the question, did I buy . . . .
$200 is a lot of cash for unfriendly . . . can you get your money back? PICKit 2 or three is much cheaper.

PickyBiker
- 20th March 2010, 17:07
I looked at the Pickit 3, but couldn't determine which PICs it will program. I currently need to program the following:

12508A
12f683
16F84
16F884
18F252

If the Pickit 3 can program these, I'm in. I especially like the idea that this works in the MPLAB IDE.

Byte_Butcher
- 20th March 2010, 17:49
Funny, I can't find a "supported device list" for the PICkit3 on the Microchip site.

But the devices you listed seem to be on the PICkit2 list, so I'll bet the PICkit 3 supports them also...

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en027813

steve